Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:31:55 am

Author Topic: Bachelor of Arts  (Read 1875 times)  Share 

kez1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Bachelor of Arts
« on: December 10, 2018, 05:34:16 pm »
+1
Hi there!

I am hoping to begin my studies next year, with a Bachelor of Arts. My highest preference is at The University of Melbourne, with Monash University following closely behind. I also have ACU, RMIT, and Deakin in my preferences, in case I am unable to enter either of my top 2 preferences. Besides a Bachelor of Arts, my preferences also consist of a Bachelor of Psychological Science (at Monash or ACU).

I am intending to be studying full time, and was wondering if there are students out there from any university in general who is studying either a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Psychological Science,  and who would tell me how many days (and hours) a week they attend university for tutorials, etc.

Thank you so much for your help!  :)

2019-2021- Bachelor of Arts at Monash University.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Bachelor of Arts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 05:37:47 pm »
+3
Hey! Posting from my phone, so apologies for brevity.

I studied Arts at Monash. It was great. Was probably on campus like 2-3 days per week for duration of the degree. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Prospect

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 12:55:23 am »
My friend js on his way completing a bachelor of psychological science degree and generally he was at uni 1-2 days a week. However, keep in mind that psych can get quite intense especially 3rd year subjects

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:02:24 am »
+2
Days per week depends on how you construct your timetable given alot of classes are custom - e.g. you choose your practical/tutorial/lab classes. Lectures really are the only ones (in most cases) that are fixed and can't be altered.

I am envious of you lot posting above me, 1-3 days would've been sweet. ty technical degree / crap luck with Allocate+.

Like, if you manage (and I emphasise the word manage and smirk because timetabling is a fun time) to get the classes you want - you could shove all your classes into 1-2 days as Prospect has stated. But, you'd have to be pretty lucky.

Really depends on you tbh.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:04:43 am by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Prospect

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 01:20:21 am »
As Aaron said, it really depends on your luck, my friend goes to latrobe and be pretty much fit all his classes 1-3 days per week which was easy since he had electives aswell

kez1234

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 10:27:40 pm »
Hey! Posting from my phone, so apologies for brevity.

I studied Arts at Monash. It was great. Was probably on campus like 2-3 days per week for duration of the degree. :)

Hi Joseph! Thank you for your response. What did you major in? And that is a lot less than what I was expecting!

My friend js on his way completing a bachelor of psychological science degree and generally he was at uni 1-2 days a week. However, keep in mind that psych can get quite intense especially 3rd year subjects

That's not a lot! But the workload outside of that would be extensive, for sure. Thank you for telling me! :)

Days per week depends on how you construct your timetable given alot of classes are custom - e.g. you choose your practical/tutorial/lab classes. Lectures really are the only ones (in most cases) that are fixed and can't be altered.

I am envious of you lot posting above me, 1-3 days would've been sweet. ty technical degree / crap luck with Allocate+.

Like, if you manage (and I emphasise the word manage and smirk because timetabling is a fun time) to get the classes you want - you could shove all your classes into 1-2 days as Prospect has stated. But, you'd have to be pretty lucky.

Really depends on you tbh.

I have always thought that lab classes and everything were fixed and unchangeable! Thank you for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated :)

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post. If you'd like to change your post instead, use the 'modify' button on the top right of each post to edit/ add to posts.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:34:24 pm by AngelWings »
2019-2021- Bachelor of Arts at Monash University.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 12:57:14 pm »
+2
^I majored in Linguistics and International Studies.

Feel free to keep asking questions! :)

BlameTheKulaks

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 07:03:39 pm »
^I majored in Linguistics and International Studies.

Feel free to keep asking questions! :)

How was linguistics?
2017: Psychology [37]
2018: English [50], Revolutions [48], Legal [44], Philosophy [41], Global Politics [43]
ATAR: 98.95

2019: LLB (Hons) / BA @ Monash
Tutoring French and Russian revs - PM if interested!

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 09:24:09 am »
+1
How was linguistics?

Really loved it! You can read my review of the major here. :)