Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:59:50 am

Poll

What Type of Survey Software Do you use?

Typeform
1 (11.1%)
Survey Monkey
1 (11.1%)
Good old Google Forms
7 (77.8%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Types of Survey Software to use (POLL)  (Read 662 times)  Share 

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Types of Survey Software to use (POLL)
« on: April 26, 2018, 01:06:39 pm »
Nearly everyone doing their PIP will design a survey at one point.

So what type of software did you use? What were the advantages and disadvantages of this software?
Did you have to pay for a premium account to use more advanced features for some reason? If so, How much?

This will also be helpful to future Society and Culture students who are deciding what software to use to design their surveys
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: Types of Survey Software to use (POLL)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:42:10 pm »
Google survey:
- Very straight forward and takes like 5 minutes just to create your questionnaire
- If your school uses google as their main server, you don't even need to create a separate account
- In terms of style, less = more. Its minimal style will encourage more users to participate because they don't have to go through all the bits and bobs
- IT'S FOR F R E E !!!
- Easy to send out (make sure that the link is open up to EVERYONE)

I'm clearly biased because this is the only survey programme I've ever used but keen to hear what everyone else is using :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Types of Survey Software to use (POLL)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 04:15:15 pm »
+1
I use type form, which can be either free or paid.
I used it in year 11 to create a survey for an S&C assignment and found the user interface to be super easy to use and navigate.
Unfortunately, i discovered that the free version would not be enough for what i needed as it limited me to 100 responses per month across all my surveys.
So i got the PRO subscription. I applied for a student discount and i pay $20/Month.
An added bonus of the pro version was logic jump which has been instrumental to me in making my surveys. To give you an example, here's a copy of one of my surveys...

Now i know it looks super complex, but i assure you, with the logic jump in there, it's very easy to navigate
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU