Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 05:12:41 pm

Author Topic: La Trobe Dentistry SEAS  (Read 5529 times)  Share 

persistent_insomniac

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
  • School: -------
  • School Grad Year: 2019
La Trobe Dentistry SEAS
« on: July 23, 2019, 08:26:03 pm »
Hi
I would like to apply for the ASPIRE program for dentisry and just have a few questions:
1) I don't do volunteering a lot nor have I had many leadership roles but I did do some stuff in primary school and year 9 which had an impact on me so would it be sufficient enough just to mention these things?
2) Does SEAS apply for la trobe dentistry and if so approximately what would the atar drop to (if apply through low socio eco location)
Thankyou!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
Re: La Trobe Dentistry SEAS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:53:28 pm »
+2
The biggest thing for Aspire is demonstrating how you make an impact on your community while talking about the time that you gave up. This is important so that they can see how it impacted your VCE. Pieces that are eloquent and show a clear impact are essential, but the impact should not be about you at all. It needs to be all about the others that you have helped through giving up your time. I'm not sure if things from primary school would be adequate, but perhaps year nine might. They recommend that you only discuss one specific activity. At open day, there is a space you can drop in and get advice about your application. As I understand, aspire drops the dentistry ATAR from 99 to 97.

I have no idea if SEAs applies for dentistry, but assume that it would. LaTrobe has a live online chat feature on their website where you can ask that sort of question that runs weekdays 9am-5pm. This (the LaTrobe SEAs calculator) may also be useful.

zhouzhennan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: La Trobe Dentistry SEAS
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 10:47:11 pm »
hey is it ok for me to ask if you got in the aspire program last year? and do they by any chance make the acceptance for aspire(dentistry) harder than other courses?