Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:31:34 am

Author Topic: Sine appreciation thread  (Read 1386 times)

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
Sine appreciation thread
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:27:43 pm »
+1
Shoutout to Sine for being honest about AN's flaws and advocating for a fairer/more egalitarian/less cliquey forum (I still think that systematic respect cliques exist) as well as being a helpful member on the university and VCE maths and science boards.
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Sine appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:34:35 pm »
+11
Split this from the FSOAA thread preemptively so as to not derail it.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:46:19 pm »
+6
Well then.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 11:47:31 pm »
+10
Sine's definitely a pretty cool bloke. He was very helpful towards me when I first started on this forum haha.

Shoutout to Sine for being honest about AN's flaws and advocating for a fairer/more egalitarian/less cliquey forum (I still think that systematic respect cliques exist) as well as being a helpful member on the university and VCE maths and science boards.

I think this is just because it seems like the upvote/downvote system is used mainly by the same dozen or so people. This number has been increasing, which is great, but it's still used by the same few people. Additionally, a lot of these same people post a fair bit on OGD, which typically breeds a tonne of posts as you create the supply and demand very easily, whereas the academic threads are used when people need help (they can't just create the need for help). The best way to resolve any issues with systematic respect cliques would be for others to get more involved in the respect system :)
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 11:48:21 pm »
+16

I'd really love for someone to tell me the ways in which ATAR Notes has been anything but egalitarian; I'm not aware of them and I'd love to fix them as soon as possible.

I'd also love for anyone to show me any examples of any systematic, undeserved up-voting between AN members. Maybe I'm not on the forums enough to see bad posts being upvoted?