Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:05:14 am

Author Topic: Revision  (Read 993 times)  Share 

shweb

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Revision
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:52:04 am »
In my school, they split the AOS1 Sac into two parts. Part 2 of AOS1 is coming up and there is so much more content compared to that of part 1, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to remember large amounts of content.

Thanks for any help!

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Revision
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:56:52 am »
+1
Cue cards work for me the best honestly.
I’d highly recommend spending a very small amount of time making notes and making cue cards and instead spend the most amount of time actually doing practice questions and testing yourself with those cards. I know last year I spent way too much time making notes which really isn’t helpful.
Also if you have a study buddy try explaining content to each other :)
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:02:13 pm »
In my school, they split the AOS1 Sac into two parts. Part 2 of AOS1 is coming up and there is so much more content compared to that of part 1, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to remember large amounts of content.

Thanks for any help!

My school decided to put all of AOS1 in one SAC... *internally cry*
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:07:21 pm »
+1

Thanks for any help!

Hey!
As Lear stated, cue cards are going to be your manna from now on. If you don't want to do physical cards, make a Quizlet account. (I do think that handwriting is better for memorisation, but Quizlet is helpful as well!) However, practice SACs and decent feedback from the teacher is also beneficial. Rote learning and reading out loud to yourself is helpful. And this doesn't work for me, but a friend of mine also memorises by remembering the start of a sentence and apparently the rest just flows from there if you read it enough.  :)
Good luck! Legal is an awesome subject.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating