Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:42:05 pm

Author Topic: HSC Studies of Religion Question Thread  (Read 275821 times)  Share 

henrychapman

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
Re: HSC Studies of Religion Question Thread
« Reply #870 on: November 05, 2018, 10:53:40 pm »
What is the honest likelihood that you guys think the depth study essays will be on significant person? My school (both teachers and students) seem adamant that it will be and thus have prepared accordingly. It was in both our schools trial and the Catholic trial, so there are a few predictions floating around. I’d be keen to hear your guys thoughts
HSC 2018
English Advanced: 90
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 92
Modern History: 91
Studies of Religion II: 88
History Extension: 41
ATAR: 96.60

2019: B. Commerce/Laws @ UNSW
I offer tutoring in those top 4 subjects above, at a very reasonable price. Have numerous resources as well. Send me a message for more info :)

Joeyk2

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #871 on: November 19, 2018, 11:34:28 pm »
Hello, i was get confused when i'm trying to answer the essay when they start the question out with a huge quote. I was wondering even when in the question they don't ask to reference the quote, do you? And how? The question is below.

Question 4 — Islam (20 marks)

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.
*noblest having the highest moral character Qur’an 49:13
How do the ethical teachings of Islam guide adherents to live lives that are noble in the sight of Allah? In your response, refer to ONE of the following:
• Bioethics
• Environmental ethics
• Sexual ethics.

Lester Villanueva

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #872 on: February 12, 2019, 08:24:06 pm »
Hello students both past and present, I need help with this particular question

How have religious traditions in Australia given support to the process of Aboriginal reconciliation? (5 marks)

Thank you!!

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
« Reply #873 on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:52 pm »
+2
Hello students both past and present, I need help with this particular question

How have religious traditions in Australia given support to the process of Aboriginal reconciliation? (5 marks)

Thank you!!
Hey there,

In this response, you could talk about the rise of ecumenism and how that encourages various Christian denominations to become united so they could help Aboriginal reconciliation. You could also talk about the significance of the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ecumenical Commission (NATSIEC) and their aim to talk about the effects of the Stolen Generation and repair the relationship between Christianity and Aboriginal spirituality.

Hope this gave you a bit of direction!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

annabeljxde

• Forum Regular
  • 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘇𝘆 𝗲𝗴𝗴
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #874 on: April 14, 2019, 07:15:38 pm »
Hello, i was get confused when i'm trying to answer the essay when they start the question out with a huge quote. I was wondering even when in the question they don't ask to reference the quote, do you? And how? The question is below.

Question 4 — Islam (20 marks)

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.
*noblest having the highest moral character Qur’an 49:13
How do the ethical teachings of Islam guide adherents to live lives that are noble in the sight of Allah? In your response, refer to ONE of the following:
• Bioethics
• Environmental ethics
• Sexual ethics.

I would aim to include the quote several times in your essay, but this doesn't necessarily mean stating the entire quote at the end of every paragraph. For instance, I would deconstruct the quote, pick out the important sections, and refer to these to strengthen or justify a point you are making in your essay. (e.g. "most righteous", "that you may know one another" etc) You can, though, include the entire quote in the introduction, but I would suggest, especially for a long one like this, you don't use the entire thing because you're wasting valuable time to be actually writing out your essay.

Hope this helps :)
HSC 2018: Studies of Religion 1
HSC 2019: English Advanced | Biology | Chemistry | Mathematics | Mathematics Ext.1

my hsc studygram: @orenji.study

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #875 on: July 10, 2019, 07:11:59 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I am in Year 11 and am going to do my SOR 1 prelim exams soon. I was wondering whether anyone has any good tips and what the most important things I should study that I can use for the exam, to achieve a high mark?

Also, does anyone have any past prelim papers for SOR 1?... (The new syllabus is making it hard to find them).

Thanks in advance,
Coolmate ;)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
« Reply #876 on: July 14, 2019, 05:35:52 pm »
Hey Guys! Just did a mock exam at home and I came across this very confusing question from the sor2 2017 paper: ‘ how has the desire for personal fulfillment or ethical guidance affected the rise of new religious expressions and spiritualities? ‘

How are we supposed to prepare for a question and write this? I looked at the answer but I got a complete blank when I looked at that sample answer.
-KgkG-

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #877 on: July 14, 2019, 07:50:26 pm »
+1
Hey Guys! Just did a mock exam at home and I came across this very confusing question from the sor2 2017 paper: ‘ how has the desire for personal fulfillment or ethical guidance affected the rise of new religious expressions and spiritualities? ‘

How are we supposed to prepare for a question and write this? I looked at the answer but I got a complete blank when I looked at that sample answer.

I am by no means an expert but I am studying the Victorian equivalent of this subject. I had a somewhat similar question on my exam and I got full marks on it. (The question was more specifically related to the desire for personal fulfilment and ethical guidance, the former part of your question.) I wrote about how religion comes about as a response to the distinct way that humans search for meaning in their lives. I wrote about how since the beginning of time, humans have used religion to provide guidance and create meaning within their societies through the aspects of religion. (Used the example of primal Aboriginal Australian religions.)

I guess that you could extend this response by discussing how as society evolves and moves forward, people search for and create new systems of belief in line with more modern societal values and understanding.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than me might also jump in and give you some suggestions, specifically in how to prepare for this sort of question.

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #878 on: July 14, 2019, 09:00:39 pm »
I am by no means an expert but I am studying the Victorian equivalent of this subject. I had a somewhat similar question on my exam and I got full marks on it. (The question was more specifically related to the desire for personal fulfilment and ethical guidance, the former part of your question.) I wrote about how religion comes about as a response to the distinct way that humans search for meaning in their lives. I wrote about how since the beginning of time, humans have used religion to provide guidance and create meaning within their societies through the aspects of religion. (Used the example of primal Aboriginal Australian religions.)

I guess that you could extend this response by discussing how as society evolves and moves forward, people search for and create new systems of belief in line with more modern societal values and understanding.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge than me might also jump in and give you some suggestions, specifically in how to prepare for this sort of question.

Thanks man!:)
-KgkG-

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #879 on: July 30, 2019, 04:12:31 pm »
Hi all so I have my trials next week and I'm wanting to create scaffolds for the essays (I do SOR1), but I'm stuck on how I would actually structure an essay.

If the essay was on one syllabus point (e.g. Judaism bioethics), how would I structure my essay? Would it be on 3 principal beliefs or something else?

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #880 on: August 03, 2019, 09:10:02 pm »
Hey Guys!
Quick question on how much you should write for an 8 marker if it is on the development and expression of a significant person ( I'm doing Paul of Tarsus and Aisha Bint Abu Bakr) :

anyone?

-KgkG-

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2019, 05:43:25 pm »
Quick question but was it secularism or secularization that was the focus of the syllabus?
-KgkG-

Grace0702

• MOTM: OCT 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2019, 06:19:55 pm »
+2
Quick question but was it secularism or secularization that was the focus of the syllabus?

The syllabus focuses on secularism
HSC 2019: Advanced Maths 92 || Standard English 89 || Physics 80 || Business Studies
95 || Information Processes and Technology 94 || Studies of Religion 1 45

ATAR: 96.05

2020: B Engineering/B Commerce @USYD

19eredding

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #883 on: September 23, 2019, 05:04:33 pm »
Judaism (20marks)
Deuteronomy 7:9 Torah “Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments”.
With specific reference to the quotation, explain how ONE significant practice in Judaism
assists adherents to ‘keep the covenant’.
In your response, refer to • Marriage

Any ideas how to attempt this essay question.

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #884 on: September 25, 2019, 10:12:55 pm »
Guys can someone tell me how you would answer this question ASAP PLEASE:)

(b) Religious practices in christianity help followers to gain a deeper understanding of their beliefs.

How does this statement help to demonstrate the significance of ONE of the following practices for the Christian community? (8)
* baptism ( I chose baptism)

I wrote about how it reflects their own experience of baptism but I don't know how to elaborate on that....
-KgkG-