Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 05:46:38 pm

Author Topic: Should I do business management 3/4 without 1/2?  (Read 5686 times)  Share 

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Should I do business management 3/4 without 1/2?
« on: July 20, 2017, 06:34:05 pm »
Hi, so it's coming close to when I have to pick my subjects for next year. I'm going to drop psychology and change ancient history to something else, which I'm thinking business management. As you can see in my signature below, I currently do three business studies subjects, which are all my best subjects, so business management sounds like a good idea to me. I know that I certainly would be, to some extent, at a disadvantage compared to those who had completed 1/2, but I want to know how big that would be. It would be great to hear from someone who has not done 1/2, but is doing or has done 3/4, or just anyone who is doing or has done the subject. Thanks!

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Re: Should I do business management 3/4 without 1/2?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »
+4
Hey DoctorTwo,

I am studying unit 3/4 Business Management this year, and did not undertake the 1/2. I have found that the 1/2 units do not heavily transfer to unit 3/4 previous knowledge, and therefore, not undertaking the 1/2 will place you at no disadvantage imo. Units 3/4 business management is all about managing and transforming a business respectively, whilst unit 1/2 is about planning and establishing a business. Furthermore, I believe its advantageous to be studying business management concurrently with other commerce related subjects, as you can apply your knowledge of the 'business world' to case studies, which will allow you to have a deeper understanding of the content.

I believe business management is, therefore, a great subject to pick up as a 3/4, without studying the 1/2 units. If you have anymore questions related to business management, feel free to ask! Hope this helped. :)
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

Jackie Chan

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:28 pm »
+1
Hey!

Gauging at your subjects and knowing that you said that your business subjects are your best subjects, picking up 3/4 business management sounds like a great idea!

I recommend that you go and look at the business management study design for 1/2 and 3/4 to see if any prerequisite knowledge is needed from 1/2 to bring to 3/4. It would be a good idea to learn anything necessary before beginning the 3/4!

Also speak to the 3/4 business management teacher at your school and let them know that you're going to be picking up the 3/4 without doing 1/2 and they will probably tell you if you should cover any content prior to doing the 3/4 that transfers from 1/2 to 3/4. (^ I'm picking up 3/4 P.E next year and I haven't done 1/2 so this is all coming from my experience.) The 3/4 business management teacher would be the best person to ask!

Good luck!  :)

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
Hey DoctorTwo,

I am studying unit 3/4 Business Management this year, and did not undertake the 1/2. I have found that the 1/2 units do not heavily transfer to unit 3/4 previous knowledge, and therefore, not undertaking the 1/2 will place you at no disadvantage imo. Units 3/4 business management is all about managing and transforming a business respectively, whilst unit 1/2 is about planning and establishing a business. Furthermore, I believe its advantageous to be studying business management concurrently with other commerce related subjects, as you can apply your knowledge of the 'business world' to case studies, which will allow you to have a deeper understanding of the content.

I believe business management is, therefore, a great subject to pick up as a 3/4, without studying the 1/2 units. If you have anymore questions related to business management, feel free to ask! Hope this helped. :)

Ah, thank you! It's good to hear from someone who was in a similar situation as me. Thank for the advice!

Hey!

Gauging at your subjects and knowing that you said that your business subjects are your best subjects, picking up 3/4 business management sounds like a great idea!

I recommend that you go and look at the business management study design for 1/2 and 3/4 to see if any prerequisite knowledge is needed from 1/2 to bring to 3/4. It would be a good idea to learn anything necessary before beginning the 3/4!

Also speak to the 3/4 business management teacher at your school and let them know that you're going to be picking up the 3/4 without doing 1/2 and they will probably tell you if you should cover any content prior to doing the 3/4 that transfers from 1/2 to 3/4. (^ I'm picking up 3/4 P.E next year and I haven't done 1/2 so this is all coming from my experience.) The 3/4 business management teacher would be the best person to ask!

Good luck!  :)

Yeah that's a good idea, I'll definitely do that. Thanks for taking the time to reply!