Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:43:07 am

Author Topic: I need to stop procrastinating  (Read 6077 times)

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: I need to stop procrastinating
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 11:25:41 pm »
+5
Update: I didn't reach my goal today -_- I had tutoring for 4 hours (2 hours physics, 2 hours maths)- I want to say that this can justify my inability to finish my goals but I just don't fee very productive today even though I did some past questions for physics and maths. I wrote a couple of sentences for paragraph 2 though, so I guess that's progress (?)

Hopefully I can finish today's goals tomorrow, since I have a full day of study.
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 12:01:42 am »
+4
Update: I reached my goal today!! I said yesterday to at least finish another body paragraph and I managed to finish my essay. I've sent it to my teacher and tutor so I'm waiting for my tutor to read it. My teacher responded to my email today and she said she's drowned in Year 11 marking so hopefully she could mark them this weekend. I'm a bit scared my essay is a bit too long. My Modern essay is around 1200 words and my History Extension essay is almost 1600 words and she said my essay looks unrealistically long (my Modern essay). I know that 1000 words is like the magic word count but I can right 1000 or a bit more (around 1300 words in 1 hour). Idk, I'll figure something out lmao

Tomorrow's goal: I have a physics study group tomorrow so afterwards, I'll rewrite my Mod B 2016 practice essay. Since it's just me tweaking my essay I might have to add another task. The thing is, I want to spend next week hard core studying for English so maybe I'll also refine my English quotes sheet as well.
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 04:33:53 pm »
+8
It's been a while since I've updated so let me give you a quick run down as to what I've done.

I finished my Mod B essay and sent it to my tutor. I was gonna fix up my quotes sheet but I realised that if I'm gonna narrow down the quotes, I need to dig up my essays. But then I realised my English teacher still has my essays (since they're handwritten) so I may have to go back to school and pick them up. I know, ew. I don't wanna leave the house but then when I checked the seminar timetable, maybe I should stop by to go to the English Mod A seminar and the 2U Applications of Calculus seminar.

Anyway, I'm planning to finish the 2016 short answer section today. I was gonna add another task but let's do this step by step before I overwhelm myself again.

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 02:31:02 pm »
+7
I haven't updated in a while so let me give you a short update on what I've done:

Since I have math tomorrow and History Extension on Friday, I've been alternating between the two subjects. Today I've been working on math papers. I'm hoping to finish the 2011 paper so then I can do the 2017 paper timed.

After tomorrow's exam, I'm gonna focus on doing a full paper timed and then on Friday morning, maybe finish off my argument table so I can get my thoughts/ideas organised before the exam.

And then I'll have to figure out how to study for Modern and SAC since I have them on the same day -_-

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 08:46:32 pm »
+9
I was on a roll with studying but ever since the physics exam, I've been slipping into procrastination. I know that four days is more than enough for me to study for SOR but my mind is slowly slipping into holiday-mode because I keep thinking what I'll be doing after my exams. That has been what's motivating me but it's also turning into a form of procrastination.

So I'll set a goal for tonight and I'll see what I'll do. Tonight's goal: finish short answers for the 2016 paper.