Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:33:02 am

Author Topic: Does Methods and spesh Connect?  (Read 1280 times)  Share 

Tatlidil

• Forum Regular
  • Math is Life
  • Respect: +1
Does Methods and spesh Connect?
« on: February 08, 2019, 07:57:17 am »
Hey guys, I was just wondering if methods and spesh work together as well as how people say it does (btw they say if you do spesh you don't need to study as much for methods). Is this correct? We started this year with functions and graphs for spesh and methods and so far since we did it in spesh first, I find methods to be much easier (Eg: Addition of ordinates) but I don't know if this is going to be with every topic, or most topics at least.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Does Methods and spesh Connect?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:05:52 am »
+3
Methods and spesh do have a fair bit of overlap, particularly with calculus and functions. Even then, I’d say it’s less of an overlap and more of spesh building on methods knowledge. I could also see how the statistics in spesh could help with the probability and statistics in methods. It’s still important to study for both subjects as they generally use different methods and you don’t want to get confused between them. Even though the content of methods is more basic, it can still be tricky with the application questions.
UAdel MBBS

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 11:30:49 am »
Hey guys, I was just wondering if methods and spesh work together as well as how people say it does (btw they say if you do spesh you don't need to study as much for methods). Is this correct? We started this year with functions and graphs for spesh and methods and so far since we did it in spesh first, I find methods to be much easier (Eg: Addition of ordinates) but I don't know if this is going to be with every topic, or most topics at least.
hmm doing spec and method together is probably the equivalent of doing 1.5-1.75 subjects so a bit of an overlap but not enough to be only studying just one of those subjects. As quantam44 has said it is definitely more of an extension of concepts especially with calculus and statistics.

Tatlidil

• Forum Regular
  • Math is Life
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 04:05:35 pm »
hmm doing spec and method together is probably the equivalent of doing 1.5-1.75 subjects so a bit of an overlap but not enough to be only studying just one of those subjects. As quantam44 has said it is definitely more of an extension of concepts especially with calculus and statistics.
Methods and spesh do have a fair bit of overlap, particularly with calculus and functions. Even then, I’d say it’s less of an overlap and more of spesh building on methods knowledge. I could also see how the statistics in spesh could help with the probability and statistics in methods. It’s still important to study for both subjects as they generally use different methods and you don’t want to get confused between them. Even though the content of methods is more basic, it can still be tricky with the application questions.
alright, makes sense, thanks guys.