Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:06 pm

Author Topic: 2019 HSC  (Read 3360 times)

ella.jessie

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
2019 HSC
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:04:30 pm »
hello all  ;D
new here, but my prelims are coming up and im starting to freak out.  ive never really had to study before, cos ive just been acedemically inclined, and now im getting to the pointy end and dont know how to??? im trying to summarise subjects and stuff, but im shit.  doesnt help that all online notes are from the old syllabus.  anyone else relate?

im doing bio, legal studies, mathematics, society and culture, hospitality, english adv and ext 1.

please someone help/ stress out with me  :'(

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: 2019 HSC
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:34:38 pm »
+1
Hi there,

I'm sorta in the same boat :-\
Prelim is in about a month, but don't stress! I read that you shouldn't slack off as you need to know what works for you and how to improve for the HSC, but it doesn't matter how this year goes, as it's all just a test run.
tbh i'm actually freaking out too, acc trials are next week, on top of prelim which in general i've mostly neglected in favour of accelerated subjects  :-[ i cant really help you much since i do chem/phys/english/ext1/mod/maths/ext1, but let it all out! 100% relatable content :)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: 2019 HSC
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 10:43:03 pm »
+1
hello all  ;D
new here, but my prelims are coming up and im starting to freak out.  ive never really had to study before, cos ive just been acedemically inclined, and now im getting to the pointy end and dont know how to??? im trying to summarise subjects and stuff, but im shit.  doesnt help that all online notes are from the old syllabus.  anyone else relate?

im doing bio, legal studies, mathematics, society and culture, hospitality, english adv and ext 1.

please someone help/ stress out with me  :'(

Welcome to the forums! ;D I absolutely feel you on the whole "not needing to study" stuff. I was a little the same in Year 11, coasting a bit based on the fact that I am normally okay in exams. As you are, I realised that doesn't quite cut it when you need to remember three terms of content!

Studying is all about consolidation and practice - But you'll also need a solid set of notes. The fact that you are doing a new syllabus definitely makes it difficult! You pretty much need to write your own. Don't invest a heap of time, but that would be a solid start - Even just palm cards with key bits of info! That's what I do for university ;D

Then, it's all about application and practice. Do the questions in your textbook, do the questions on worksheets, do everything you can and get it marked. Then work more on the issues you struggle with! Re-learn the bits you forgot, then re-practice. Consolidate, apply.

Here is a guide on ways to study!