Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:58 pm

Author Topic: 3 years already: Katie needs to learn to drive!!  (Read 21441 times)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: 2 ½ years already: Katie needs to learn to drive!!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 11:11:18 pm »
+8
Drove for another 30ish minutes this afternoon to one of my friend's houses (mainly because my dad forced me too!). Think I'm about halfway there now! I think I'm getting better but I'm definitely going to need to work on driving more regularly.  :D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 08:45:01 pm »
+12
I've driven a couple of times in the last few weeks. This week I drove home from my cousin's house in Menai (1hr) and clarinet lessons (30min at night!). It's been a bit annoying with my siblings and family in the car sometimes because either my little brother is complaining/making loud noises to distract me, my siblings are asking for Maccas runs or joking about my driving.

I'm at around 66 hours now so once I do the safer drivers course (which I need to book soon), I should be really close!! I still need to learn and be confident with a few more things like reversing and parking though! Hopefully, I'll have my P's sometime early next year!!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 11:55:02 pm »
+9
I’ve driven a few more times recently! Yesterday, I drove to my grandparents place for Christmas, and was stuck in heaps of traffic on the way there. Heaps of the drive was stopping and starting so it took a lot longer then it usually does. Today, I drove to the shops and then to and from the beach.

I still need to work on reversing (especially reverse parking). Dad tried to get me to do a reverse park today and it didn’t go very well.

I had someone beep me yesterday and another person stick his finger up, which was really annoying/frustrating (I wasn’t doing anything wrong).

I’m thinking about booking in for the safer drivers course and also doing the hazard perception test towards the end of this month. After that, I really need to work a lot more on my night hours. My sister can get her L’s next week, so she might be wanting to drive heaps as well!

I’m currently at around 72 hours (including 7hr 20min at night)  ;D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 04:20:03 pm »
+8
Drove for another 40 minutes today! My families going camping on Wednesday so I should be able to drive a lot more then as well.

Currently on 76 hours 25 minutes (including 7hr 20min night)!  :D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 08:05:30 pm »
+7
Drove a bit on the way to and from Queensland (Tweed Heads) and Coffs Harbour!

Currently on around 84 hours (including 8hr 20min at night)!!  ;D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:49 pm »
+11
Booked the safer driver course for this Friday! Have the classroom bit in the morning and the driving bit towards the night. I'm a bit nervous for the driving part because I've only ever driven in the one car and with family.

On about 85 hours now!! :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 10:36:11 pm »
+6
Booked the safer driver course for this Friday! Have the classroom bit in the morning and the driving bit towards the night. I'm a bit nervous for the driving part because I've only ever driven in the one car and with family.

Love it. Keen to hear how it goes.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 11:27:05 pm »
+6

Are you manual or automatic? I was A and found there wasn't much I had to adjust to and the instructors are always very considerate so I'm sure you'll be fine :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 09:36:13 pm »
+9
Drove home from clarinet lessons with my mum today (this is the first time she's driven next to me. She didn't want to when I was just starting to learn.) I'm hoping to book the Hazard perception test in around 2 weeks. I also need to do a few driving lessons to learn parking and reversing.

Currently on 107 hours 30min (including around 9hours at night)  ;D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 10:18:08 pm »
+10
Booked my Hazard Perception Test for next Thursday (the 21st)  :D

At the moment, I have around 110 hours. :) I think that the 10 left are almost all night hours (which is annoying because it gets dark at around 8ish now). I'm still need to do a few driving lessons to learn parking, and to drive around the area of the tests.

I've started looking at some secondhand cars because once I get my P's I want to be able to buy a car soon.

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 10:22:58 pm »
+8

At the moment, I have around 110 hours. :) I think that the 10 left are almost all night hours (which is annoying because it gets dark at around 8ish now). I'm still need to do a few driving lessons to learn parking, and to drive around the area of the tests.

I've started looking at some secondhand cars because once I get my P's I want to be able to buy a car soon.

So so exciting that you are so close to the end!! ;D Good luck with the test!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:37 am »
+5

Yes, awesome! Not sure if the Hazards Perception Test is like the one in Victoria, but definitely recommend doing practice ones online if any are available.

Good luck! :D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 10:52:16 am »
+8
Passed the hazard perception test!!  ;D

(The screens were so dodgy though-it was really hard to see)

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 12:39:22 pm »
+1
Passed the hazard perception test!!  ;D

(The screens were so dodgy though-it was really hard to see)

Nice work! Another hurdle jumped. :)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:48 pm »
+7
I've got around 6 hours left now (all night hours)!!  :D