Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:34 pm

Author Topic: The CASual Journey to the End | Ashmi's VCE journal アシュ  (Read 76813 times)

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: The CASual Journey to the End | Ashmi's VCE journal アシュ
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 04:19:53 pm »
+2
Whys, I think it might be time for you to try some good quality choc mint ice cream then! ;)
We can be the cramming Methods buddies together! I can feel you on a spiritual level there. At this point in time, one day looks pretty decent to revise all of Unit 2. :P
Do you have any more upcoming Unit 2 exams? Honestly, right now, let's just cram together and hope that everything turns out alright!

Nope... I will reiterate, mint and chocolate never go together and never will.

I had english last friday, which was meh. I had methods tech free and chemistry today. I lost one mark on methods tech free, which i’m super cut about (I knew the answer but in the exam room I was being dumb, as always) so now my hopes of 100% are gone. Oh well, maybe I can do well on methods tech able tomorrow. Lastly, I have bio on friday. Then, freedom!!!

(honestly cramming is the way to go, who even puts effort into their 1/2s anyways right) :D
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2019, 04:30:22 pm »
+3

I had english last friday, which was meh. I had methods tech free and chemistry today. I lost one mark on methods tech free, which i’m super cut about (I knew the answer but in the exam room I was being dumb, as always) so now my hopes of 100% are gone. Oh well, maybe I can do well on methods tech able tomorrow. Lastly, I have bio on friday. Then, freedom!!!

(honestly cramming is the way to go, who even puts effort into their 1/2s anyways right) :D

That feeling when you know you could have gotten the answer right but in that instantaneous moment you stuff up. Whys I feel you on a deep spiritual level there! At least there is next year to aim for 100% on the exam ;). Good luck with your Methods exam tomorrow! (Make sure you know all the really cool calculator stuff such as dividing polynomials and the other cool jazz).
Also, good luck for Friday's Bio exam! ;D
The light to freedom is just at the end of the tunnel! We just have to survive till Friday :D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2019, 05:14:38 pm »
+3

lies lies lies

I'm quite excited for the Product Design exam as it has a drawing component, it will hopefully be a good, relaxing exam after Methods.
What kind of things do you do in product design? Is the exam about the process of designing products in general or the products you have designed specifically? ;D

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2019, 05:31:06 pm »
+5

lies lies lies
What kind of things do you do in product design? Is the exam about the process of designing products in general or the products you have designed specifically? ;D

It's good to see another choc mint enthusiast Laura! ;D. Sorry Whys :P

In our product design exam, half of the exam is a design! We are given a mini scenario and we have to design an outfit which meets the needs of the end-user. They might have constraints, which are must-haves such as pockets our has to be made in a certain colour with considerations, which are other types of options. Its usually a piece of clothing you have to design and you need to make it as best as you can for the end-user (like a customised piece they would like)! You also have to list the type of fabric used as well as 'difficult techniques'. ;D

It's a really fun exam and honestly feels like you are doing a part of your folio but in a timed condition.  ;)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2019, 05:34:25 pm »
+2
It's a really fun exam and honestly feels like you are doing a part of your folio but in a timed condition.  ;)

That does sound like a lot of fun! You'd have to be really creative (and good at drawing)! How do you study for an exam like that? ;D

brothanathan

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2019, 05:44:24 pm »
+2
I actually really like choc-mint :D

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2019, 05:45:53 pm »
+5
That does sound like a lot of fun! You'd have to be really creative (and good at drawing)! How do you study for an exam like that? ;D

It really is so much fun! My go to 'studying' for this subject is to do some late-night binge shopping for clothes! I usually just do some online shopping and look at different colour combinations as well as looking at different fabrics they might use, its nice to get a good idea of the different ways in which a garment can be constructed.
Sometimes a good 10 min croquis sketch is good to get you into the mindset. ;D

I actually really like choc-mint :D
Great minds think alike! ;)

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2019, 11:03:08 pm »
+9
~Update! 20/11/2019~

With the final unit 3/4 exams done for the year congrats to those that all got through it! 8)

Here is a little snapshot of how my week has currently gone!

Methods:
Just had a CAS exam for this on Tuesday and it surprisingly went alright! Was expected to be average in it but it turns out I did a lot better than expected. (Thank you CAS for saving my poor arithmetic once again ;D). I'm pretty glad that Unit 2 is done and dusted. I'm quite ready right now to dive straight into Unit 3 during the holidays.

PDT:
Had this exam straight after Methods and was super relaxing. :) The prompt outline for this exam was to design a costume/cosplay for a person attending a comic convention which I thought was pretty creative. This is probably my favourite subject at the moment and I'm really enjoying how everything has worked out this year. I'm really keen to get started on the inspiration for my final unit 3/4 folio and I'm currently leaning to making it a digital folio.

Physics:
Just did the exam today and I'm so glad it's over. The whole exam was pretty much motion with a practical investigation task which was not too bad. I have really been dreading this subject and I'm really happy to start afresh because I've been so confused all year with how everything works.  I plan to do as much of Unit 3 as possible during the break so I have a better understanding for next year!

Chemistry:
The exam is this Friday and at this point, I am cramming as much as I can possibly do. ::) I have completely neglected this subject and I'm just really excited to get it done so I can move on with a fresh start!

Fun fact - I can consume multiple cups of iced coffee in one sitting! I'm pretty much a coffee machine and love a good hot latte (and a chocolate éclair). In my spare time, I've recently gotten back into digitally drawing and really need to stop procrastinating and buy a new drawing tablet. ;D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2019, 05:34:21 pm »
+2
Good luck with your chem exam tomorrow! (Is it your last one? ;D) Love to see you post some digital art if you're comfortable. I think it's so cool and certainly a skill I don't possess! ;D

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2019, 05:36:59 pm »
+12
Good luck with your chem exam tomorrow! (Is it your last one? ;D) Love to see you post some digital art if you're comfortable. I think it's so cool and certainly a skill I don't possess! ;D

Yes, that was the last exam and I'm so relieved! ;D I've been having a really chill weekend and talking to friends without any stress which is amazing.
Of course, you can see some of my digital art! I might start posting some more in my VCE journal in the future? (Maybe during these holidays as there won't be much for me to post on this journal anyway~)

I'm mainly getting back into making mini Chibi drawings, however, I'm hoping to expand back to full character designs! 8). The two below were little drawings I made for my teacher which I ended up going with the first one! You tend to make a lot of discarded designs when you digitally draw sometimes too~ (Why not give it a go Laura? It's super fun!)

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2019, 06:46:03 pm »
+3
OMG those drawings are super cute!!

I seriously applaud anyone who can do digital art. I'm a traditional artist myself but digital art kills me. You're super talented :)

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2019, 08:57:10 pm »
+3
OMG those drawings are super cute!!

I seriously applaud anyone who can do digital art. I'm a traditional artist myself but digital art kills me. You're super talented :)

Thank you so much! I seriously can't do traditional art at all so that's why I go with digital (we love ctrl z saving the day!). 8)
I'm terrible when it comes to painting traditionally as I have a tendency to spill stuff onto my artwork :P
What type of art do you like to do? It's great to see some more arty type people on AN! ;D

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2019, 02:41:17 pm »
+1
Oh my goodness; they are the cutest drawings I think I have ever seen. I can't draw (either on paper or digitally). I don't know how you've had the time during VCE, but I hope you find a way to keep it up next year!

Have you got headstart at the minute? Enjoy the summer and I look forward to seeing heaps more art!

ashmi

• Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2019, 09:08:14 pm »
+4
Oh my goodness; they are the cutest drawings I think I have ever seen. I can't draw (either on paper or digitally). I don't know how you've had the time during VCE, but I hope you find a way to keep it up next year!

Have you got headstart at the minute? Enjoy the summer and I look forward to seeing heaps more art!

Aww thanks Laura! ;D
There is always time to do stuff in VCE! It's just a matter of time management and carefully structuring your week so you have time to relax and pursue other areas of interest :D. I did struggle at first to find time to do these drawings, but having a little planner for the week really helps show that you can make time to enjoy yourself. Highly recommend getting a good planner and always making sure you leave out time for yourself, trust me you will feel so much better when studying for your subjects afterwards! (The Muji Planners are amazing to use. Also if you can draw a stick figure, I count that as drawing 8))

Yep also have headstart too~ It's only for this week and so for it has been pretty chilled. I really love the fact that now I've only got 5 subjects and can focus much more on them and have extra time left over to do some extension or to relax and do some drawing! (Or realistically having artist's block and then scribbling something random) :P

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2019, 09:29:20 pm »
+1
Thank you so much! I seriously can't do traditional art at all so that's why I go with digital (we love ctrl z saving the day!). 8)
I'm terrible when it comes to painting traditionally as I have a tendency to spill stuff onto my artwork :P
What type of art do you like to do? It's great to see some more arty type people on AN! ;D

I love mandalas, as theyre super relaxing to create, as well as animals :)