Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:41:22 pm

Poll

Rewriting Summary Sheets for the Exam?

Yes
3 (50%)
No
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Shoud I Re-Write my Summary Sheets for the Exam  (Read 3534 times)

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Shoud I Re-Write my Summary Sheets for the Exam
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:14:08 am »
Hey,

I was wondering if it would be effective for me to re-write my Summary Sheets for the Semester Exam or if my time would be better spent doing practice questions etc.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:27:29 am by Snow Leopard »

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Re: Shoud I Re-Write my Summary Sheets for the Exam
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:13:41 pm »
Bump, I'd really appreciate anyone's insight into this!

illuminae

• Adventurer
  • youth's a stuff will not endure.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 09:10:01 pm »
+3
hello!

i suppose it depends on the subjects you're doing as well as your confidence+understanding in said subject. i personally have found that re-writing my summary notes helps me recall information faster, which is especially important for content heavy subjects like bio and chem since it pretty much acted as a reintroduction or 'jump' back to a particular topic that i may have forgotten about.

in regards to math though, i feel that your time would be better spent improving your current bound reference/summary notes (e.g. ensuring that you have all of the relevant information, clarifying the meaning of specific terminology to that topic, etc) while also completing practice questions and problems as this will allow you to get used to the style of questions and 'speed up' while writing your answers/responses - something that i found really helpful while i was stressing revising for my mid year exams

from a different perspective though, a friend of mine didn't really find rewriting summary notes to be that effective - which is valid tbh since it might be a waste of your time if you just spend hours on formatting it to look 'pretty' or end up throwing in blocks of text that you won't be able to discern anything from.

tl;dr, summary sheets can be helpful, but be mindful of the time+effort it takes for them to be useful for u

i hope this made some sense lmao - good luck with revision! :)

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
legal s.
english | bio | chem | gen math | psych | legal s. 3/4
oh man that's a bit too much
english | lit | bio | psych | further

❝Acta est Fabula, Plaudite!❞

٩(◕‿◕。)۶

sara.vce

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 09:05:58 am »
+3
Hey,

I was wondering if it would be effective for me to re-write my Summary Sheets for the Semester Exam or if my time would be better spent doing practice questions etc.

Although writing out formulae and examples can be really useful, I think the best way to spend your time before an exam is by doing practise questions. If you think that your summary sheets are difficult to read then rewriting them can help you save time in an exam but don't worry about doing it as a way to revise. Instead, you can go through practise questions or try to teach the content to someone else.