General Discussion > Creative Corner

AN's Fortnightly Art Challenge!

(1/36) > >>

Poet:
Helloooo fellow ANers!

It is proven through multiple studies that stress is reduced by creation, such as cooking, drawing, sculpting, photography, building and writing – and that skill level or amount of originality doesn’t matter. The process of creation is believed to lower cortisol levels, which can help a person think clearer and therefore perform better in academic studies. *hint hint* 😉

A lot of people decide that art is not for them – that they’re ‘bad’ at drawing, or maybe just don’t have the time because they’re stressed about studies. But the thing is, making time for yourself to do something you can work with your hands, develop and adapt, is actually extremely important and can help improve your mindset, especially in those times where you feel bogged down and heavy with the load of SAC after SAC, assessment after assessment.

So this is a place created for people of all skill-sets and experience – a fortnightly challenge, one topic, a million ideas. It might be mainly a drawing club, but there’s really no rules; if you feel like drawing isn’t for you, why not try compiling a playlist of songs that relate to the topic, typing up a short story, or snapping a photo with personal meaning? The only rule is that you share it with us here whenever you finish the challenge – just post a pic or scan or whatever you’ve done and be proud of what it took to make it! Because no matter if you’re drawing stick figures, or something that should be hung in a museum, it should be something you’ve done to de-stress.

So, without further ado, the next two week’s topic is…
wait for it…Memories
Can’t wait to see what people come up with! Posting for this topic closes on the 13th of June.
Happy creating!

If anyone needs information on how to post their works, PM me. 😊
Not sure if people are going to get on board but if they don’t I blame you, Caleb.

Joseph41:
Really love this!

sweetiepi:
Might as well kick things off! ;D

(TW: Death)
This particular sketch is based off an old picture of my aunt, who passed on 6 years ago today (due to cancer), and I hold some great memories with her and miss her dearly. (That's where it ties in with the theme ;) )
I'm nowhere near good enough to draw eyes, noses and mouths, so I've left them as basic as I possibly can, but still enjoy <3

Spoiler

Poet:

--- Quote from: insanipi on May 31, 2018, 05:47:34 pm ---Might as well kick things off! ;D

(TW: Death)
This particular sketch is based off an old picture of my aunt, who passed on 6 years ago today (due to cancer), and I hold some great memories with her and miss her dearly. (That's where it ties in with the theme ;) )
I'm nowhere near good enough to draw eyes, noses and mouths, so I've left them as basic as I possibly can, but still enjoy <3

Spoiler

--- End quote ---
Woohoo! Amazing to have you on board, insanipi.
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, but glad you treasure the memories.
A brilliant start to the thread! <3

JTrudeau:
This is such a brilliant idea!! Love it :D

A huge turning point for my life was moving to the US. I met a lot of people, faced a lot of totally new challenges, and worried a heck of a lot about losing things from the past.

The three I drew are some of my best friends, and my age when I met them. With each of them, our friendship survived our going our separate ways, whether it be due to graduation or moving countries. I’ll forever treasure the memories we made.

And it’s gonna take a lot more than 10,000km of ocean to stop a lifelong friendship!

Spoiler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version