Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:05:07 pm

Author Topic: Bachelor of Surgery  (Read 1800 times)  Share 

Phoenix11

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +29
Bachelor of Surgery
« on: June 20, 2018, 02:33:35 pm »
Hi guys!
How are you all?
So, I was just wondering where exactly you study the degree Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in Melbourne?
I can't seem to find the location anywhere.
Also, does anyone know any preparation that I could do now by myself for the interviews?

Thank you all so much.
Phoenix11-
Work hard in silence and let your success be your noise.
😄

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Bachelor of Surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:42:08 pm »
Hi guys!
How are you all?
So, I was just wondering where exactly you study the degree Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in Melbourne?
I can't seem to find the location anywhere.
Also, does anyone know any preparation that I could do now by myself for the interviews?

Thank you all so much.
there is no bachelor of medicine/surgery anymore in victoria. All the courses have moved to a Doctor of Medicine which is basically the same thing.

Preparation for interviews is quite personal since people have different strengths and weaknesses but you could start of by seeing what attributes a particular university is looking for and maybe try to answer some ethical questions.

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Bachelor of Surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 05:29:47 pm »
I believe the only universities which still have the MBBS in Australia are Curtin, UAdel, WSU, JCU and UTas. In Melbourne, the MBBS has been completely phased out however the Monash MD is technically still an undergrad degree. Although it doesn’t matter whether you have an MBBS or MD as you’re a doctor either way.

It’s probably a little early to start preparing for interviews. I assume if you are keen on undergrad med, you still have to make it through year 12 and the UMAT, so I’d say focus on the interviews once you’re done with those and know you’re getting interview offers. If you’re really keen though, you can probably start doing MMI scenarios or common interview questions.
UAdel MBBS