Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:08:20 am

Author Topic: I couldn't submit Family Tax Benefit on SEAS Category 2. What do I do now?  (Read 671 times)  Share 

suskieanna

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
I didn't know my family was eligible for Family Tax Benefit on SEAS category 2 so now I cannot get ANY adjustment points towards my ranking. I really want to get into La trobe University Dental Science. I need 0.3 points to get the minimum ranking to receive an offer after January round. I even visited VTAC but they didn't even try to listen to my situation and strictly said that there's nothing they can do to help me. I don't think it's possible to send this directly to uni. What do I do now? Please don't say stuff like there are many different ways to be a dentist. I am really frustrated that I only need 0.3 points to be the minimum ranking to receive the offer... If my ranking was lot lower, I wouldn't even consider this course and gave up earlier. I feel like my entire life is screwed up because of my silly mistake... Why can't VTAC make an exception? I really wish that VTAC know that their strictness just screwed up one person's life..

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
+7
Hey there Suskieanna.

I am really frustrated that I only need 0.3 points to be the minimum ranking to receive the offer...
Sorry to hear about your situation. I know it’s frustrating to be so close, yet so far. Unfortunately in life, not everything goes according to plan, but we can always try to make the best of the current situation. 

The good news is that you still have a chance, as unis tend to lower their minimum selection rank slightly in subsequent rounds to fill in some spots. If there is a spot left in La Trobe’s dental science course (key word: “if”), they’ll typically look at and accept those close to the minimum selection rank, such as yourself, depending on how competitive you are. Given that we’re up to Round 3 (Feb 3), it’s not a great chance, but it’s a chance nonetheless. If you leave La Trobe’s dental science course at Preference #1 and accept a previous offer (assuming you got one) in the meantime and put the accepted offer in a low preference (e.g. Preference #8), then you might still be in good stead for those last dental science spots. Using this method means that you’ll have a back up plan and, if all else fails, you can attempt a transfer later (which I know sounds quite unhelpful, but will be your next best option).

For now, you can also try contacting La Trobe and see if they’ll do a late addition to your SEAS, although I’m not sure how successful that’ll be.

Good luck and hope you get in soon.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread