Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:27 pm

Author Topic: Systems Engineering  (Read 3505 times)  Share 

Ruchir

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Systems Engineering
« on: January 25, 2021, 07:04:01 pm »
Hello guys, my VCE subject for year 11 is year 12 systems, can anyone give me an idea on what to make for a mechanical system, also please tell me whether it is a solution to a problem, an opportunity or what is the need to make it?
Thanks a lot
Your help will be greatly appreciated
P.S I have an interest in robots, solar panels, rocket launchers

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
Re: Systems Engineering
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 07:39:35 pm »
+3
Hello guys, my VCE subject for year 11 is year 12 systems, can anyone give me an idea on what to make for a mechanical system, also please tell me whether it is a solution to a problem, an opportunity or what is the need to make it?
Thanks a lot
Your help will be greatly appreciated
P.S I have an interest in robots, solar panels, rocket launchers

That sounds really interesting! I think that based off your interests, there are quite a few possibilities depending on what resources you have available.

If you have access to things like arduinos, servo motors, etc, then perhaps you could make a robotic car or arm whereas if you're going purely mechanical then maybe something like a mousetrap car or projectile launcher.

For my HSC projects, I always found that "problem statements" could be interpreted really broadly and flexibly, so be creative! For example, one of my friends made an automatic dice rolling machine for their software project, and I know people who have build drones and the like.

I know nothing about VCE Systems Engineering, so take my advice with a grain of salt but hopefully this gives you something to get started.

Some questions I would ask myself are:
- What's the scope of the project? (How much can I reasonably do?)
- What resources do I have available?
- How well does this meet the criteria?

And then narrow down potential choices from there. What are you currently thinking of doing?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 07:42:12 pm by Justin_L »
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

Ruchir

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Systems Engineering
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 06:36:13 pm »
That sounds really interesting! I think that based off your interests, there are quite a few possibilities depending on what resources you have available.

If you have access to things like arduinos, servo motors, etc, then perhaps you could make a robotic car or arm whereas if you're going purely mechanical then maybe something like a mousetrap car or projectile launcher.

For my HSC projects, I always found that "problem statements" could be interpreted really broadly and flexibly, so be creative! For example, one of my friends made an automatic dice rolling machine for their software project, and I know people who have build drones and the like.

I know nothing about VCE Systems Engineering, so take my advice with a grain of salt but hopefully this gives you something to get started.

Some questions I would ask myself are:
- What's the scope of the project? (How much can I reasonably do?)
- What resources do I have available?
- How well does this meet the criteria?

And then narrow down potential choices from there. What are you currently thinking of doing?

Thanks a lot for your advice, it helped me a lot.
I am thinking if making something that helps us during emergency times and is also energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
I thought if making a device that generates electricity and power using solar panels as well as moving a turbine with your hands to generate electricity as well. Something like this but it generates electricity.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com.au%2FCARL-Angel-5-Pencil-Sharpener-Blue%2Fdp%2FB005D7S9FI&psig=AOvVaw3VfxN1oi2hK87GKqzc98CW&ust=1611905692934000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNi5g-SOvu4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAN

My device has a lot of led lights, a fan and a emergency USB port for charging other devices.