Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:32:11 pm

Author Topic: 2017 HSC RichardIII and Looking for Richard  (Read 2211 times)

laurn

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
2017 HSC RichardIII and Looking for Richard
« on: August 06, 2018, 05:40:15 pm »
HI there, I'm having a bit of trouble writing an answer to the question from the 2017 HSC. its
How is the portrayal of inferiority in King Richard III reimagined for a new audience in
Looking for Richard?
 Could you tell me how you would plan it, and what themes you would use?

fkkiwi

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
Re: 2017 HSC RichardIII and Looking for Richard
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 06:40:36 pm »
HI there, I'm having a bit of trouble writing an answer to the question from the 2017 HSC. its
How is the portrayal of inferiority in King Richard III reimagined for a new audience in
Looking for Richard?
 Could you tell me how you would plan it, and what themes you would use?

Hi laurn,

I would discuss the mental inferiority of King Richard in KR3, and compare it to the mental degradation of Pacino's Richard (his mental state gradually deteriorates throughout the docudrama, culminating in the 'ghost scene' and his death).

Moral inferiority would also be a good idea to discuss (as obviously, he has a complete lack of morality). In regards to the "reimagined for a new audience part", that would just refer to how Pacino is trying to make Shakespeare more accessible to an American audience who feels "inhibited by Shakespeare", and that the "docu-drama type thing" helps to convey this purpose. Also note how Pacino compares the moral and mental inferiority of Richard to modern day politics.

Hope this helps somewhat
HSC 2018: | English Advanced (91) | Extension 1 Maths (93) | Extension 2 Maths (86) | Physics (90) | Chemistry (92) | Studies of Religion 1 (47) |  ATAR: 98.70

2019: B. Eng (Hons) (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) / Computer Science @UNSW

cindy1234

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: 2017 HSC RichardIII and Looking for Richard
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 08:21:58 pm »
+1
Hi fkkiwi, thanks for your reply! Its very helpful