Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:31:08 am

Author Topic: 1984 and Metropolis Paragraph arguments  (Read 1135 times)

rosiet

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
1984 and Metropolis Paragraph arguments
« on: March 10, 2018, 02:04:08 pm »
For my Mod A essay I was going to have three paragraphs, one on the effect of totalitarian governments on personal liberty, one on the way they render humanity dispensable under their doctrines and one on the differing interactions of characters with their governments. My issue is whether or not my first two paragraphs are too similar. Help, anyone?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: 1984 and Metropolis Paragraph arguments
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:10:03 pm »
+2
Hey rosiet! I personally don't think so - The first one is like a 'freedom' paragraph, the second is like a 'dehumanisation/devaluation of life' paragraph, provided you argue them differently I'd say they work separately ;D

rosiet

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 01:02:07 pm »
+1
Hey rosiet! I personally don't think so - The first one is like a 'freedom' paragraph, the second is like a 'dehumanisation/devaluation of life' paragraph, provided you argue them differently I'd say they work separately ;D

I talked to my teacher and have actually changed my line of argument rather dramatically, so those to ideas are pretty much condensed into one paragraph, but thank you!!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 08:33:59 pm »
I talked to my teacher and have actually changed my line of argument rather dramatically, so those to ideas are pretty much condensed into one paragraph, but thank you!!

Awesome to hear it is developing! Good luck with it ;D