Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:02:54 am

Author Topic: What do I need to memorise ??  (Read 524 times)  Share 

hearteyes4u

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
What do I need to memorise ??
« on: August 29, 2019, 08:48:00 pm »
yo !! so i was just wondering what i need to know and memorise for the bio 3/4 exam for the topics of human evolution and fossils. my textbook (heinemann) kinda goes on and on about a bunch of stuff that i feel is unnecessary but i’m scared that the things i believe are unnecessary may actually turn up on the exam (that actually happened to me last year for my unit 2 exam for bio so i defs don’t wanna repeat my mistakes again this year lol).

so i was wondering if i should just straight up memorise all the characteristics of like the genus homo and etc and also how much do we need to know about carbon dating and just dating fossils in general? do we have to know how carbon dating works? and if we do could someone pls explain it to me?

any answers would be greatly appreciated !! :D

Mod edit (PF): Decapitalised title
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:22:24 pm by PhoenixxFire »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: What do I need to memorise ??
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 10:15:18 pm »
+1
yo !! so i was just wondering what i need to know and memorise for the bio 3/4 exam for the topics of human evolution and fossils. my textbook (heinemann) kinda goes on and on about a bunch of stuff that i feel is unnecessary but i’m scared that the things i believe are unnecessary may actually turn up on the exam (that actually happened to me last year for my unit 2 exam for bio so i defs don’t wanna repeat my mistakes again this year lol).

so i was wondering if i should just straight up memorise all the characteristics of like the genus homo and etc and also how much do we need to know about carbon dating and just dating fossils in general? do we have to know how carbon dating works? and if we do could someone pls explain it to me?

any answers would be greatly appreciated !! :D

Mod edit (PF): Decapitalised title
Hey,  I know the amount of context in biology textbooks can be very daunting. Usually, the textbook has way too much information - it can be quite interesting just to read without studying but for the most part the additional information is not necessary to learn. Focus on the concepts and topics that your teacher has taught and make sure that you have covered the dot points in the study design.

Summary notes from various companies can also be quite useful for anyone who wants to know exactly what sort of level of knowledge is required and what topics to focus on for teh exam. However -these are definitely not comprehensive so they should be used as a supplement to your own notes.