Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:21:18 am

Author Topic: 2019 exam study resources  (Read 2950 times)  Share 

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
2019 exam study resources
« on: August 26, 2019, 03:09:01 pm »
+12
Hey everyone,

With the exam coming up in a couple of months I’ve put together a list of resources that you can use to help with your study. Let me know if you know of any other links that should be added or if there’s any other resources that you’d like me to make.

I’ve also included an attachment at the bottom of this post (you need to be logged in to see and download it). It is a copy of the study design formatted into a table, this is something that my teacher gave to me back when I did bio that I found helpful. When you do past exams and mark them, put a mark next to the part of the study design that describes each question you get wrong. For example if you get a question on the inflammatory response wrong you’d put a mark next to “ the characteristics and roles of components (macrophages, neutrophils, mast cells, dendritic cells, complement proteins) of the innate (non-specific) immune response to an antigen including the steps in the inflammatory response”
After you’ve done some exams, you can use this sheet to see if there’s a pattern to the questions you’re getting wrong – for example, if most of the questions you’re getting wrong are related to immunity then you know that’s what you need to spend the most time revising.

Resources:
- 2017 Sample exam suggested solutions
- Northern hemisphere VCAA exams
- Feedback on exams you’ve self-marked
- Feedback and suggestions for improving your answers to questions you didn’t get full marks on
- A compilation of answers and feedback to past VCAA questions

- Study guides and other resources from past biology students
- Course notes from past biology students

- VCAA’s clarification of the study design
- My interpretation of that VCAA document, and tips from past exams and the study design

As always, you can ask any questions you have about content, studying, or the exam here or by making your own thread.

Good luck with your study!

2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra