Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:36:50 pm

Author Topic: faaaaantastic, the journey is over!  (Read 34536 times)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: faaaaantastic, the journey is almost over!
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2017, 03:34:17 pm »
+9
01/10

wow, it's definitely been a while since i've updated this. studying has been okay, however, it's been mostly unproductive because i get overwhelmed easily and then don't get a lot of work done because i think about everything i have to do and... pretty sure you can figure it out from there.

my hsc timetable goes like this:
monday, 16/10: english paper 1
tuesday, 17/10: english paper 2
friday, 20/10: modern
monday, 23/10: maths
thursday, 26/10: business
thursday, 02/11: legal

to stop me from not being that overwhelmed, i've created a study plan of sorts where i'll only do two subjects a week in the hope that i'll be more focused because i'll sort of have less to do. i do a lot of cramming, which seems to work for me, so in the week before the hsc, i'll do english and modern; and this week, i'll do maths and business. i have so much to revise, but i think i have all concepts down pat so i shouldn't have to relearn anything.

aaaand this week there were a few exciting things that happened!!! i went to the nsw meetup on monday, and it was so lovely to meet more of you (and see people again). we have to do something like that again! reminds me of the pc picnics we used to have at school hahahaha. i went to my first job interview as well for a christmas casual position, which i don't think i got, but whatever - there's going to be more opportunities, i hope. also, motm?? thank you!!!! i've loved every second i've been on here :-)

best of luck to the hsc kids, victorian kids too (do you have something like the hsc exams), and if you have any exams coming up,
fantasticbeasts x (almost signed off with my real name!!!! why do i keep doing this)

ps. it's really really really satisfying to fill in tables for new notes and see people using the facebook group you created for the modern class yay
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:40:51 pm by fantasticbeasts3 »
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2017, 10:42:33 pm »
What’s your ATAR goal?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2017, 11:43:01 pm »
+4
What’s your ATAR goal?

ahhhh that's a hard question. when i'm motivated, it's 85+, but now? probably 70
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2017, 12:23:18 pm »
ahhhh that's a hard question. when i'm motivated, it's 85+, but now? probably 70

Oh right! You never know, you could still end up with the 85 if you do find some motivation in the upcoming weeks which I am sure you will be able to do :)

What do you wanna do after school, and if it is a uni course, what ATAR is it?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2017, 12:35:22 pm »
+1
Oh right! You never know, you could still end up with the 85 if you do find some motivation in the upcoming weeks which I am sure you will be able to do :)

What do you wanna do after school, and if it is a uni course, what ATAR is it?

yea, i hope so hahahah

i'd love to go to uni, and do international studies doubled with media (pr/advertising) at unsw! obviously i'm not going to get the atar (my rank for one of my subjects is horrible) so i'll do a lower atar course, then transfer :-) how about you?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2017, 12:48:14 pm »
yea, i hope so hahahah

i'd love to go to uni, and do international studies doubled with media (pr/advertising) at unsw! obviously i'm not going to get the atar (my rank for one of my subjects is horrible) so i'll do a lower atar course, then transfer :-) how about you?

Oh that sounds great! Once upon a time I was looking at doing media at UNSW, but now I wanna do a double degree in law/journalism. Not gonna get the 97 for UTS but hopefully Macquarie. Still put that at number one just incase they have a spot for me  ;D UNSW for me was unfortunately out of the picture as I decided I wanted to do law after LAT regos closed :/

What lower ATAR course did you put down as your next preference?
HSC subjects

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2017, 01:00:42 pm »
Oh that sounds great! Once upon a time I was looking at doing media at UNSW, but now I wanna do a double degree in law/journalism. Not gonna get the 97 for UTS but hopefully Macquarie. Still put that at number one just incase they have a spot for me  ;D UNSW for me was unfortunately out of the picture as I decided I wanted to do law after LAT regos closed :/

What lower ATAR course did you put down as your next preference?

wow, that sounds really awesome! at one point i did want to do law, but that was thrown out the window once i looked at the atar cut-offs 😅 you never know what might happen anyways, like bonus points might pull through. that's okay about the LAT though, you can always transfer, or the uni you end up being at might just be better for you :-)

my preferences are pretty much the same... first is obviously international studies and media (unsw), then i've just put media (unsw) which has a cut-off of 86, then a bunch of uts courses that are international studies and communications. how about you?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 01:28:21 pm »
wow, that sounds really awesome! at one point i did want to do law, but that was thrown out the window once i looked at the atar cut-offs 😅 you never know what might happen anyways, like bonus points might pull through. that's okay about the LAT though, you can always transfer, or the uni you end up being at might just be better for you :-)

my preferences are pretty much the same... first is obviously international studies and media (unsw), then i've just put media (unsw) which has a cut-off of 86, then a bunch of uts courses that are international studies and communications. how about you?

uts law/journalism, macquarie law/journalism, uts journalism, macquarie journalism, western sydney law/journalism are mine but thinking of maybe putting wsu thirdddd dunno
HSC subjects

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2017, 02:42:13 pm »
+4
08/10

hey hey hey!! this is turning into a weekly thing (definitely unintentional)

this past week has been more productive in comparison to last week. i've got a few more things in my head from my subjects, and i'm actually understanding stuff in maths (yay)! slowly, but surely, i'm getting all my knowledge together for next week. my only issue is english, which i'm really not confident about, having only chosen a decent related text today, but i reckon i can read and analyse it by wednesday, which will allow me time to write a couple of essays before next monday. the forums are becoming increasingly active which is suuuuuper awesome because answering questions helps me to apply my knowledge :-)

goals for this week:
- finish going through all modern content today
- finish a couple of modern papers
- actually get my creative together... haven't touched it since last term and really need to get a move on with making discovery more obvious
- read that related text and analyse it properly
- have solid thesis statements for all modules + discovery (1 down, 3 to go!)
- do essays under time limits especially for english slkjf;skfjs
- a reading task a day (maybe?) (don't know who'd mark it though)

a really weird and random thought... in less than a month, i'll be done with high school forever? you guys will be finished too? but then again it's very likely i'll be staying on AN so i'm not exactly done with high school. another thing, i am so annoyed outlander airs tomorrow. like, what? i was so excited to watch it today but OBVIOUSLY NOT.

hope you all have an amazing week (good luck to those starting year 12 this week),
fantasticbeasts x

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2017, 03:47:48 pm »
08/10

hey hey hey!! this is turning into a weekly thing (definitely unintentional)

this past week has been more productive in comparison to last week. i've got a few more things in my head from my subjects, and i'm actually understanding stuff in maths (yay)! slowly, but surely, i'm getting all my knowledge together for next week. my only issue is english, which i'm really not confident about, having only chosen a decent related text today, but i reckon i can read and analyse it by wednesday, which will allow me time to write a couple of essays before next monday. the forums are becoming increasingly active which is suuuuuper awesome because answering questions helps me to apply my knowledge :-)

goals for this week:
- finish going through all modern content today
- finish a couple of modern papers
- actually get my creative together... haven't touched it since last term and really need to get a move on with making discovery more obvious
- read that related text and analyse it properly
- have solid thesis statements for all modules + discovery (1 down, 3 to go!)
- do essays under time limits especially for english slkjf;skfjs
- a reading task a day (maybe?) (don't know who'd mark it though)

a really weird and random thought... in less than a month, i'll be done with high school forever? you guys will be finished too? but then again it's very likely i'll be staying on AN so i'm not exactly done with high school. another thing, i am so annoyed outlander airs tomorrow. like, what? i was so excited to watch it today but OBVIOUSLY NOT.

hope you all have an amazing week (good luck to those starting year 12 this week),
fantasticbeasts x

Good to hear that you are progressing super well!!! What would your ideal discovery essay and creative question would you want if you could choose? I got basically exactly what I wanted which was sooooo lucky! I think paper 2 brought down my chances of a band 6 tho haha ;(

Setting out the goals in here is such a good idea! Might have to copy into my own :P
HSC subjects

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »
+1
Good to hear that you are progressing super well!!! What would your ideal discovery essay and creative question would you want if you could choose? I got basically exactly what I wanted which was sooooo lucky! I think paper 2 brought down my chances of a band 6 tho haha ;(

Setting out the goals in here is such a good idea! Might have to copy into my own :P

hey, thanks!! essay question, for sure, would love a confronting/provocative or fresh/intensely meaningful... something along those lines. creative, maybe a good personal discovery one? i can't remember what the stimuli were for 2015 or 16 though. good to hear you got what you wanted last year - those questions were okay :-) ahh that's alright; i'm sure you did great anyways!

hahahah no worries, feel free to take the goals idea. hope your studies are going well! xx

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 10:46:00 pm »
+3
11/10 (not feeling 11/10 today ha ha ha)

oh my goodness gracious I AM SO ANNOYED AT MYSELF. out of all the weeks i should be productive it isn't this week. i feel tired by the time it's 8. i planned to get all my essays done by today and submitted onto the marking threads because they close today, but noooo i'm too tired to write an introduction for module b, let alone the other modules and discovery. i'm upset because yesterday was super productive (one day out of the rest hooray) and now there isn't enough time to write a couple of essays and get them marked at school. rip.

at least i'll never have to do english again after next tuesday. and riverdale is out tomorrow.

hope you all had a great day,
fantasticbeasts x
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:49:53 pm by fantasticbeasts3 »

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2017, 11:09:35 pm »
11/10 (not feeling 11/10 today ha ha ha)

oh my goodness gracious I AM SO ANNOYED AT MYSELF. out of all the weeks i should be productive it isn't this week. i feel tired by the time it's 8. i planned to get all my essays done by today and submitted onto the marking threads because they close today, but noooo i'm too tired to write an introduction for module b, let alone the other modules and discovery. i'm upset because yesterday was super productive (one day out of the rest hooray) and now there isn't enough time to write a couple of essays and get them marked at school. rip.

at least i'll never have to do english again after next tuesday. and riverdale is out tomorrow.

hope you all had a great day,
fantasticbeasts x

If you do end up doing any essays over the next few days I’d be more than happy to look over them to make comments on experession, if you’re answering the question well and all that if you’d like :) I completed advanced last year and doing ext 1 and 2 this year so whilst I won’t be able to give intricate feedback on the texts you’re writing about, more than happy to give feedback on the rest!
HSC subjects

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2017, 09:02:03 am »
If you do end up doing any essays over the next few days I’d be more than happy to look over them to make comments on experession, if you’re answering the question well and all that if you’d like :) I completed advanced last year and doing ext 1 and 2 this year so whilst I won’t be able to give intricate feedback on the texts you’re writing about, more than happy to give feedback on the rest!

you'd actually do that?! thank you so much!!!! might take you up on that offer :-)

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2017, 09:35:56 am »
+1
you'd actually do that?! thank you so much!!!! might take you up on that offer :-)

Yesss! Feel free to PM or even put it in here :)
HSC subjects