Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:20 pm

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 260090 times)  Share 

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #840 on: February 21, 2020, 04:25:21 pm »
+1
Hi,
Can anyone please recommend any good lectures to go to for HHD, I have read that health teacher exam networks is good. Does anyone know anything about them?

Hey Blessing34! :)

I'm doing 3/4 this year, but speaking from the experience of my friends and I, the ATAR Notes HHD lectures are great (and free). They are presented by a past high achieving student so be on the lookout for those around the forum or on AN's social media. Plus, they give you access to lecture slides afterwards. 8)

I've also heard that the Health Teachers Network lectures ones are great too - they are around $50 and are run by the Jacaranda Textbook author, Andrew Beaumont.

Your school might also run revision lectures too from various companies or by teachers.

All the best! :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #841 on: February 26, 2020, 04:31:36 pm »
can anyone recommend good sources for practice questions? i have the atarnotes book, but looking for some extra ones too. thanks (:

lm21074

• Forum Leader
« Reply #842 on: February 26, 2020, 06:08:22 pm »
+2
can anyone recommend good sources for practice questions? i have the atarnotes book, but looking for some extra ones too. thanks (:
Past VCAA exam questions! You can find these online by skimming through past exams (found here) or in Checkpoints books which you can purchase from a school bookseller. :)

Em.C11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #843 on: March 26, 2020, 11:12:57 am »
Can someone please help me apply the quit-anti smoking program to the Ottawa Charter for health promotion.

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #844 on: March 26, 2020, 11:30:08 am »
+3
Can someone please help me apply the quit-anti smoking program to the Ottawa Charter for health promotion.

Hey, thanks for asking! I've got a few points to get you started:

Building healthy public policy
- Government taxes on tobacco

Create Supportive Environments
- Help lines for smokers trying to quit

Strengthening community action
- Advocacy for strategies that respond to community needs

Developing personal skills
- Stalls and info at events

Reorienting health services
- Reducing children's exposure through maternal and child care services

There's more but hopefully that generates some ideas. I hope that helped and happy studying!
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

Raquelnixon

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #845 on: March 26, 2020, 11:32:58 am »
+2
You need to take each action area of the Ottawa Charter and find a program or something QUIT does to address this. Eg
Build Public Policy - QUIT lobbies governments to ban smoking in areas eg outside restaurants. It also is the taxing of cigarettes to make them more expensive and more people will quit smoking.
Create supportive environment - QUIT line when you ring the quitline you have a personalised counsellor who will assist you with quitting, giving you tips and advice.
Strengthen Community Action - provide schools with lesson plans to deliver to classes to prevent smoking. They also help community groups to develop anti-smoking strategies eg for Indigenous population groups
Develop personal skills - provide information about the benefits of quiting smoking through advertising. Also the quitline to give advice on how to quit smoking to individuals, so it is personalised for that person.
Reorient health services - providing education on prevention to stop people starting smoking and helping them stop. This could be through advertising or research.
Hope this helps.

cfalzon

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #846 on: April 28, 2020, 10:51:48 am »
Hi everyone,
Hope you're doing well.

Could somebody please help me to understand the Key Knowledge Dot Point "the relationship between biomedical and social models of health"? I know what each of the models is separately, and the differences between them, but am still unsure about their relationship with each other.

doubleS

• Adventurer
« Reply #847 on: April 28, 2020, 08:25:04 pm »
+3
So you basically just need to know what each model is, their principles/characteristics and how they have both contributed to improved health outcomes in Australia as well as their respective advantages and disadvantages. So you could also recognise how through understanding that lifestyle diseases were emerging in the 1970s through higher levels of unhealthy behaviour, the social model of health was introduced which looked beyond the physical and biological aspects of illness and disease (which is the biomedical approach), and focussed on preventing the development of a disease rather than simply treating it.

Em.C11

• Adventurer
« Reply #848 on: May 08, 2020, 01:19:22 pm »
I'm struggling to come up with some simple examples for how close the gap reflects the action area build healthy public policy of the Ottawa Charter. If someone could help that'd be great. Thanks! 

lm21074

• Forum Leader
« Reply #849 on: May 08, 2020, 03:17:34 pm »
+4
Hey Em.C11!

I don't think there are too many examples for how Closing the Gap reflects Build Healthy Public Policy, but I'll try my best! :)

As you probably know, Build Healthy Public Policy is about the decisions made by government and organisations regarding laws and policies that affect health and wellbeing.

The Closing the Gap initiative was created by federal, state and territory and local governments along with Indigenous leaders to close the gap in life expectancy and health status between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. This agreement itself represents a healthy public policy.

There are some strategies that were implemented under the Closing the Gap initiative that relate to a healthy public policy.

One of these is "Feedin' the Mob", a nutrition, physical activity and healthy lifestyle program for Indigenous Australians in the City of Whittlesea in Victoria. It is funded by the federal government and supported by Whittlesea Council. This commitment to funding represents a healthy public policy.

Does this help answer your question? :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 07:03:32 pm by lm21074 »

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2020, 07:19:54 pm »
When talking about chapter 7 (initiatives to address smoking, and initiatives to address Indigenous health and wellbeing) should we have a basic understanding of the promotions/initiatives in the textbook (eg. Quitline, Learn Earn Legend! etc) or just focus on the BCSDR areas of the Ottawa Charter? Thanks a bunch (:

lm21074

• Forum Leader
« Reply #851 on: May 11, 2020, 07:52:01 pm »
When talking about chapter 7 (initiatives to address smoking, and initiatives to address Indigenous health and wellbeing) should we have a basic understanding of the promotions/initiatives in the textbook (eg. Quitline, Learn Earn Legend! etc) or just focus on the BCSDR areas of the Ottawa Charter? Thanks a bunch (:
Hey Jeyda!

Are you talking about this dot point?
Quote from: HHD study design
Initiatives introduced to bring about improvements in Indigenous health and wellbeing in Australia and how they reflect the action areas of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion

Even if it's the one about smoking, road safety or skin cancer, I think it would be a good idea to have a basic understanding of the promotions / initiatives. You'll probably need to be able to describe them to talk about how each initiative reflects the action areas of the Ottawa Charter. You may wish to ask your teacher about this one! :)

blueycan

• Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #852 on: May 12, 2020, 01:20:11 pm »
+1
Hey Jeyda!

Are you talking about this dot point?
Even if it's the one about smoking, road safety or skin cancer, I think it would be a good idea to have a basic understanding of the promotions / initiatives. You'll probably need to be able to describe them to talk about how each initiative reflects the action areas of the Ottawa Charter. You may wish to ask your teacher about this one! :)

yep, that's the dot point aha. thanks for your advice!

cfalzon

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #853 on: July 03, 2020, 10:59:51 pm »
Hey everyone,
In terms of the Australian Dietary Guidelines, do we need to learn the recommended number of serves per day from each food group for each gender and age?

There's so many different numbers and I have no idea how I would possibly learn it all.

lm21074

• Forum Leader
« Reply #854 on: July 04, 2020, 01:23:21 pm »
+2
Hey cfalzon!

For the Australian Dietary Guidelines, you need to know the name and number of each guideline as well as a little description about them (which you can access in your textbook - if you're using the Jacaranda book, it's on page 302, as well as further descriptions on subsequent pages).
Note that for guideline 2, you don't need to list all the food groups out.

Hope this helps :)