Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 05:05:50 am

Author Topic: what to pick for year 12  (Read 1048 times)  Share 

eeeeeu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
what to pick for year 12
« on: October 07, 2021, 09:59:58 am »
hi guys
currently i’m in year 11 and i’m doing english, biology 3/4, chem, psych, legal and methods.
next year i plan to do english psych legal further and right now i’m contemplating if i should do chem or not
as of now i really don’t like chem. i don’t see myself doing well for it next year but the thing is my school doesn’t offer a wide variety of subjects. in my course counselling the counsellor just told me to do chem because i get decent scores sometimes, even though i told her i don’t see myself doing it well next year.   i’d be lying if i said i wasn’t tempted by the scaling, since most of my subjects scale down.
but right now i’m considering maybe business management. i’d like to hear some opinions on busman and whether or not i should take it

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: what to pick for year 12
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 12:43:22 pm »
+1
1. Which subject do you like better? Usually taking subjects you like over scaling fares better because doing subjects you hate will feel like nails on a chalkboard in Year 12.

2. What are you hoping to do after Year 12 and what course, if you plan to continue to study at Uni?
Some courses require certain VCE subjects as prerequisites, so it might be easier to stick to chem if, say, you want to study chemical engineering or medicine in Uni, which have Chem as a prerequisite.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

eeeeeu

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: what to pick for year 12
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 06:40:37 pm »
hey!
i’ve never actually done busman 1/2. i did it in year 9 and i have a few friends who do it so i’ve seen the content and it doesn’t seem like i’m incapable of doing it. i feel like i would prefer it over chem because i’m not a stem student by any means
 i don’t have a certain plan of what i want to do in uni actually… although i probably should at this stage D: but i’m looking into the fields of science/psych etc
i have looked at prereqs of courses i’d consider which require sciences but not specifically only chem