Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:09:45 am

Author Topic: Laik's VCE Journey  (Read 526 times)

laik

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Laik's VCE Journey
« on: September 26, 2021, 10:43:16 pm »
+4
Hey everyone,
Thought I’d start a journal. I’m in Year 12. This is extremely late, I know. There’s literally 5 or so weeks between now and exams. But I’d like to have documented such thoughts somewhere and if someone one day, can gain something from it, then might as well. Why not? Even if it is going to be short compared to other VCE journals.
So… I’m aiming for a 98.5+ ATAR.  Ridiculous, especially when you consider my subject averages which are definitely not at that standard.
This year I’m doing English, French, HHD, Chemistry and Methods. What would I like to be when I’m older? Honestly not sure at this stage. Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer and recently looked at vet, but i don’t think I’ll go for that. It’s hard when you don’t really know what you want to be, and considering I like science and humanities, I don’t know. At the same time, I don’t want my ATAR ‘to go to waste’ (if I do end up getting a high ATAR), so we’ll see how it goes. Maybe Physio or radiology?
Anyway, excited for this journey. Hoping it all turns out ok.
Something I just heard today, for any fellow Year 12's or anyone in a similar position: we only live this life for a short amount of time. Rather than trying to endure it (i.e VCE or whatever you're going thru), try and enjoy the journey. Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:11:25 pm by laik »