Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:42:02 pm

Author Topic: Biology exam vs SACs  (Read 2167 times)  Share 

nadzzy

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Biology exam vs SACs
« on: September 14, 2021, 12:44:44 am »
hey guys!

so exams are coming up soon and i hope everyone is taking care of themselves and studying well.

i had a question on the difficulty of the biology exam vs sacs. at my school the sacs are downright difficult and VERY specific and more on the analytical side. so i was wondering if the exam is far better in terms of it being more general and if it is easier to do better in it.

i’d appreciate any replies i get!

stickyends

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Biology exam vs SACs
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 06:07:34 pm »
+2
Hi! It's quite difficult to tell how hard your sacs are if we haven't seen any, but I'd recommend definitely completing or having a look at a few practice exams (especially the VCAA past exams website for our study design) and seeing how you go - personally I've found the SACs at my school are more difficult than the exams I've done, because for SACs my school often makes us learn more about particular key knowledges on our sacs than the surface-level understanding that is required for the overall exam. However some questions can be quite tricky.

Just have a go at some VCAA questions and I'm sure you'll have a better understanding of it!

valjaybj

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Biology exam vs SACs
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 08:24:48 pm »
+1
Hey! Similar to what stickyends said, it's hard to gauge the difficulty of your sacs without looking at them but I'd definitely recommend doing a couple of practice exams (feel free to do them open book and not in timed conditions) to get an idea of what vcaa exams are like. That'll help you identify any areas of weakness you have and/or reinforce your knowledge and skills. I can't say whether the exam is easier to do better in because it really depends, but everything is relative so if you find the exam is more challenging than expected that's okay because the rest of the state is in the same position and so it'll get scaled accordingly. And keep in mind that there'll always be "curveball" questions on every exam to help vcaa identify the stronger students in the cohort so the practice you have from your sacs will hopefully help you in answering the harder questions!

Hope this helps and good luck!!! :)