Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 07:28:07 pm

Author Topic: Textbooks??  (Read 3902 times)  Share 

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Textbooks??
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:03:09 pm »
Hi guys, do you use textbooks in your school? We go solely off our teacher's notes, and while that isn't horrible it makes it harder to have a holistic understanding, especially as we get the notes as we do the content rather than having all of it at once. What textbooks/set of notes can you recommend?

Also, what is the method to getting a band 6 in SOR 2 unit? Is it just memorising the notes and practising responses?

Thank you!

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Textbooks??
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 09:45:57 pm »
+1
Hi guys, do you use textbooks in your school? We go solely off our teacher's notes, and while that isn't horrible it makes it harder to have a holistic understanding, especially as we get the notes as we do the content rather than having all of it at once. What textbooks/set of notes can you recommend?

Also, what is the method to getting a band 6 in SOR 2 unit? Is it just memorising the notes and practising responses?

Thank you!
Hey there,

I used my teacher's hand outs, but I was lucky that her hand outs were really good. We did use the Cambridge Studies of Religion textbook as a reference (second edition, I believe). I think someone has uploaded the textbook online? Apart from that, I also used the ATAR Notes SOR notes so I can cross-reference my notes, and they were handy for pre-exam cramming.

When it comes to studying for SOR, it's essentially memorising any form of detail (quotes and statistics), as well as doing as many practice responses as possible.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Re: Textbooks??
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 08:35:27 am »
Thank you!