Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 01:05:24 pm

Author Topic: Class of 2020  (Read 66181 times)

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: Class of 2020
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2019, 08:25:02 pm »
+6
First post on ATARnotes!
This year I'm doing two 3/4's - psych and food studies.
Hopefully the year goes well!
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2019, 08:28:11 pm »
+4
First post on ATARnotes!
Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around! ;D

Those sound like fun subjects- all the best for them! ^-^
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2019, 11:13:50 am »
+1
First post on ATARnotes!

Great to have you here! I love the way you've formatted your signature (except I think you've listed Bio twice haha). :D

I didn't do Food Studies, but loved Psych. How are you finding it so far?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2019, 02:45:18 pm »
Great to have you here! I love the way you've formatted your signature (except I think you've listed Bio twice haha). :D

I didn't do Food Studies, but loved Psych. How are you finding it so far?

Thanks for letting me know! I knew I’d do something silly like that :/

As of now psych is probably my favourite subject. I wasn’t sure if accelerating in it was the right choice in year 10, but I’m so glad I did as I’m finding the content really interesting. I’m also lucky in that I have a wonderful teacher, although I guess that’s subjective. Honestly can’t wait to learn more psych :)
psych [50] bio [50]

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2019, 02:49:10 pm »
Thanks for letting me know! I knew I’d do something silly like that :/

As of now psych is probably my favourite subject. I wasn’t sure if accelerating in it was the right choice in year 10, but I’m so glad I did as I’m finding the content really interesting. I’m also lucky in that I have a wonderful teacher, although I guess that’s subjective. Honestly can’t wait to learn more psych :)

No stress! Haha.

Psych - yeah I think that's an awesome idea. I didn't accelerate it (did Business Management 3&4 in Year 11 - I have regrets haha). Are you interested in doing Psych kinda stuff after school at all?

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2019, 03:01:16 pm »
+1
No stress! Haha.

Psych - yeah I think that's an awesome idea. I didn't accelerate it (did Business Management 3&4 in Year 11 - I have regrets haha). Are you interested in doing Psych kinda stuff after school at all?

Actually I’m a med hopeful, don’t think I’ll get in but it’s always worth a try. It’s honestly been my dream career since I was little, and there are times where I cannot imagine myself doing any other course. But as a backup, I have looked at some psych courses, dentistry and biomed. I do remember my psych teacher telling me she did a criminal psych course where as part of her study she got to go to a jail specifically for criminals affected by psychological disorders. For now I’m just going to see how well I do this year before setting my mind hard and fast on a specific uni course.
psych [50] bio [50]

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2019, 03:07:15 pm »
+3
Actually I’m a med hopeful, don’t think I’ll get in but it’s always worth a try. It’s honestly been my dream career since I was little, and there are times where I cannot imagine myself doing any other course. But as a backup, I have looked at some psych courses, dentistry and biomed. I do remember my psych teacher telling me she did a criminal psych course where as part of her study she got to go to a jail specifically for criminals affected by psychological disorders. For now I’m just going to see how well I do this year before setting my mind hard and fast on a specific uni course.

100% worth a crack! That's awesome. There are a bunch of Med students around the forums - I'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the process. :)

Sconey

• Trendsetter
  • 'Any fool can know. The point is to understand.'
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2019, 09:32:50 pm »
+3
How has it been going for everyone? It's getting close to the end of Term 1 and I'm sure some of you have had SACs/

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2019, 09:42:01 pm »
How has it been going for everyone? It's getting close to the end of Term 1 and I'm sure some of you have had SACs/
How's it going for you Sconey? Keen for a break soon? :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Sconey

• Trendsetter
  • 'Any fool can know. The point is to understand.'
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2019, 09:57:05 pm »
How's it going for you Sconey? Keen for a break soon? :)
I am looking forward to it immensely. I've had both my Biology and Methods SACs in the last couple weeks and so am pretty exhausted. Sucks I will have to wait until next term for Biology results though :(

Raydog90

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2019, 12:35:16 pm »
+3
Hey everyone my name is Ray and im in year 11 right now. I am doing a 3/4 this year, which is informatics. I love I.T and i'm loving the subject currently. I am hoping to get a 40+ study score despite being in a 400+ ranked school.
My other subjects include:
Psychology
Legal Studies
Business Management
Further Math
English

I am finding Psychology average so far, i don't enjoy research methods and brain anatomy. However, i do love the social aspect of psycholoy.

I am LOVING legal studies it is my favourite 1/2 so far, it is very interesting and i enjoy the structure.

Business management is normal for me. I dont hate it and i dont like it. I can deal with it. Nothing clicks with me, im hoping marketing and human resource management can pick it up.

Further math is pretty fun for me. I got an average score of 74% during the first sac which i was disappointed with but understand. I didnt finish my sac due to my poor time management during sacs, which i am working on.

English. The dark horse. I got average marks for this subject, expected lower, honestly. I enjoy english however, i feel like an imposter getting the highest marks in the class because i know im horrible at english.

I got 95% my first Informatics sac and highest in class. It involved relational databases and I.T theory. It was quite enjoyable and i look forward for the rest of the sacs.

I got 92% for my Legal Studies which i was happy with. We have finished the 2nd sac and are waiting for results.

I got 84% first sac for business which i was okay with, i expected around 80% but i am still aiming high 90's.

I got 78% for psych and 74% for further math which i am also okay with but disappointed.

English i got 88% and 70%. I am surprised 70% was the 2nd highest in class because I BOMBED the sac. 88% was the highest and i'm happy with that.

Im worried for a low study score for Informatics as we have an extremely weak cohort which i hope doesn't drag me down. I will however continue to support my fellow students in their studies to increase strength.

I want to become a diplomat, despite hearing how competitive it is i look forward to the challenge.

For university i plan to go to monsash to do a science/arts double degree majoring in geographical science/International Relations and Korean Studies

I'm worried about writing essays in university as i am a horrible essay writer but i do plan to improve.

My hobbies are guitar, games, creating films, music and theatre.
I am part of the schools musical

I rambled on too much sorry! I look forward for VCE and what it beholds

VCE 2019:
Computing Informatics (39 ~ 34)

VCE 2020:
Drama, Business Management, Legal Studies, English, Further Mathematics

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2019, 12:42:51 pm »
+1

My other subjects include:
Psychology
Legal Studies
Business Management
Further Math
English

I am finding Psychology average so far, i don't enjoy research methods and brain anatomy. However, i do love the social aspect of psycholoy.

Hey Ray
You seem to be doing extremely well on Informatics
You shouldn't worry about your cohort to much, AS long as you stay around the top... u should be pretty good
As for psychology . . . I'm doing 3/4 psych this year, it gets more enjoyable and interesting... I didn't even bother doing the 1/2 course cause it looked so boring but picked up 3/4. There is a fair bit of biology at the start of the year (neurons, spinal reflex, stress)   but not heavily intense. (pretty basic)

anyways good luck
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2019, 02:08:49 pm »
+4

Hey! 

I went to a school where in the past most students got a below 50 ATAR & we hadn't a 90+ ATAR in years but in my cohort we had 3 95+ ATARs so your school's history certainly doesn't define your performance. 

Best of luck with your subjects :)

(Absolutely nothing to apologise for btw )

alexthenerd

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2019, 11:24:13 am »
hey guys what's up

im currently doing:

• bio 3/4
  • chem 1/2
  • methods 1/2
  • eng lang 1/2
  • music performance 1/2
  • drama 1/2

the problem is, i want to drop drama but im not sure what to pick up.
should i pick up psych unit 2 or legal unit 2?
ive heard that psych is really easy, especially for bio students which is good but i know ill hate the class since there are a bunch of annoying people in it. I've also heard that legal is tough but i will have a better teacher and class.

i don't know what to do. help pls
2019: biology (42)
2020: english language, methods, chemistry, further, music performance

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2019, 12:15:19 pm »
+2
hey guys what's up

im currently doing:

• bio 3/4
  • chem 1/2
  • methods 1/2
  • eng lang 1/2
  • music performance 1/2
  • drama 1/2

the problem is, i want to drop drama but im not sure what to pick up.
should i pick up psych unit 2 or legal unit 2?
ive heard that psych is really easy, especially for bio students which is good but i know ill hate the class since there are a bunch of annoying people in it. I've also heard that legal is tough but i will have a better teacher and class.

i don't know what to do. help pls

I'd go for the class you'll be most engaged in because otherwise it's very difficult to stay motivated to do work ( & you won't be able to get a great psych score without putting effort to understand what they want from your answers).

Might be worth talking to the legal studies teacher about how hard it would be to catch up & what their thoughts are.

Good luck & let us knew what you decide :)