Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:07:57 pm

Author Topic: Edrolo for Biology and How?  (Read 7866 times)  Share 

JamesGGGG

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Edrolo for Biology and How?
« on: December 23, 2016, 08:23:49 pm »
Hi,
I heard Edrolo is very useful for Biology and supplements the textbook. I'm very interested in this resource considering I have very bad teachers. My school isn't one who has signed up for this program.. is there a way to gain individual access?

Thank you

vcestressed

Re: Edrolo for Biology and How?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 08:31:04 pm »
Hey,
I was very lucky to have edrolo in my school this term (but our teachers told us like 2 weeks before the exam so that wasn't really helpful.) I honestly loved edrolo so much since Andrew Douch (the famous guy who made biology podcasts) was the teacher. I contacted edrolo and they said its a classroom based resource only so we can only access it if schools buy it for us.
On a side note though, Andrew Douch will be making his brand new podcasts for next year so that's really really nice (i found out when i emailed him).
Good luck.

alysav1

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 11:58:25 pm »
^^ he also has made a few YouTube videos on genetics

AshCasual

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 09:51:39 am »
Hey,
Edrolo is definitely an amazing resource!!! My friends did a unit 3/4 in year 11 and their teacher was able to convince our school/ principal to give it a shot for their Year 12 class. And I've heard only great things about it from then on. So we researched if it was possible to get it individually (as our school won't be getting it next year  :'(). The answer is no. You can't get it individually but can for a class. But your school needs to buy it. That doesn't mean the students don't pay for it. The program costs for one subject divided by students in your class will give you how much one student will have to pay. 

If your school wants they can get a Demo on request for free. We did get a demo for all our Year 11 subjects and I actually loved it. I think the demo lasts for about a month. I encourage you to talk to your class teacher and at least try it out.

Hope that helps,
Cheers  ;D

vcestressed

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 12:46:12 pm »
yes my teacher told us it was $50 per student but i think its so worth it.