Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:02:00 am

Author Topic: Melbourne Access question  (Read 1036 times)  Share 

_fruitcake_

Melbourne Access question
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:06:04 am »
Hi i am kinda nervous at the moment. My teacher said my school doesn't get Melbourne Access because we aren't an underrepresented school, so i wouldn't be able to apply to it, however i applied with the category 3 in the SEAS application under Financial Difficulty, and sent vtac proof that my parents receive the Family Tax Benefit A, does this mean i am eligible for Melbourne Access? Or not because i am not at an underrepresented school? Help me please. Thanks in advance

Floatzel98

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: Melbourne Access question
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:32:36 am »
+1
Hi i am kinda nervous at the moment. My teacher said my school doesn't get Melbourne Access because we aren't an underrepresented school, so i wouldn't be able to apply to it, however i applied with the category 3 in the SEAS application under Financial Difficulty, and sent vtac proof that my parents receive the Family Tax Benefit A, does this mean i am eligible for Melbourne Access? Or not because i am not at an underrepresented school? Help me please. Thanks in advance
Just because you aren't an underrepresented school doesn't mean you aren't still eligible. You still apply under disadvantaged financial background which is a valid criteria for Access Melbourne. Category 3 also makes you eligible for guaranteed entry which underrepresented school does not. This is just coming from reading the website though. Maybe send an email to the uni itself to get proper confirmation.
2016 - 2019: Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) [Physics and Mathematics] @ Monash University

_fruitcake_

Re: Melbourne Access question
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:35:10 am »
Just because you aren't an underrepresented school doesn't mean you aren't still eligible. You still apply under disadvantaged financial background which is a valid criteria for Access Melbourne. Category 3 also makes you eligible for guaranteed entry which underrepresented school does not. This is just coming from reading the website though. Maybe send an email to the uni itself to get proper confirmation.

Yeah ill send an email thats a great idea, many thanks.