Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:25:08 am

Author Topic: Help with "what does evidence reveal" questions  (Read 3307 times)  Share 

violet_

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Help with "what does evidence reveal" questions
« on: January 19, 2020, 12:38:22 pm »
Hi guys, I just needed some help as to how to answer "what does evidence reveal" questions. For example "What does evidence reveal about political life in Pompeii and Herculaneum" (10 marks). Would I structure my answer by dividing each paragraph into different types of evidence, or should it be separated into what the evidence shows, and then go into each different type of evidence that shows that claim.
Sorry if I'm being a bit confusing...

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: Help with "what does evidence reveal" questions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:38:55 pm »
+1
Hey,
Welcome to the forums!!  ;D

I think that either option would be good, but I'd lean towards the second one. I'd have paragraphs on different aspects of political life and then back it up with either archeological/written evidence (make sure to include evidence for both Pompeii and Herculaneum if the question asks for both).

For example, I might talk about the Duumviri and could include a definition and this evidence to back it up:
  - Inscription: ‘A Marcus Holconius Rufus, military leader elected by the people, duumvir five times ....’
- “[The duumviri] stood at the summit of the political life”-Lazer

Keep in mind the short answers don't have to be too long (heaps of paragraphs). If they are 6-8 marks they are only about a page and 10-12 marks are 2 pages. If the question includes sources, make sure to include them in your answer.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any other questions! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]