Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:41:57 am

Author Topic: Failed the bio exam..urgent help needed  (Read 2547 times)  Share 

1li

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mac.Robertson Girls' High School
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Failed the bio exam..urgent help needed
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:14:30 pm »
+1
Hi,
What will my study score for Bio look like if my results looked like:
Unit 3 average - 89%
Unit 4 average - 90%
Exam - <75%
and my cohort is really really strong
pls help I'm panicking, I had high hopes but on the day idk what happened...

Denzel Ncube

• Adventurer
Re: Failed the bio exam..urgent help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:45 pm »
Hi,
Unit 3 average - 89%
Unit 4 average - 90%
Exam - <75%

Im not sure, but since your cohort is strong, your mark may be lifted a bit. Your marks will probably be A+ A+ A/B, the grades may range a bit, but I think the hope of a 40 raw may be kind of gone :/ . I think you'll get between 35 and 40 for your raw study score, since I am not aware how much the strength of your cohort impacts your actual mark(your sac marks will almost definitely be A+'s though)

rachid.kam

• Forum Regular
  • The higher you fly, the harder you fall
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:54 pm »
+2
Heyyy there!
I can't help but remember myself last year when i finished my Biology exam. Look, to cut it clear, STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELF! I myself found it very difficult and somewhat unfair given that it tested literally a tiny portion of the whole study design (I skimmed over it and was like, wait.....is that a newspaper article? :o Damn!). It was really hard, a credit to the malevolent beasts up at VCAA. However, just remember that majority of the state as well are in the same boat, and chances are they found it hard as well. So with that in mind, I'm assuming that the cut offs this year will be a bit  lower, so you still have a chance of getting a good score of around 35-39 if your exam is less than 75% (maybe 40 as well??). Lol, just to let you know, I also had a unit 3 SAC average of 89% and a unit 4 average of about 90% as well, and i was able to pump out a raw 41 :P. Don't worry at all, I believe that you will do well. Have faith in yourself as well, and find confidence in your abilities. And you never know, you might end up surprising yourself... ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:44:32 pm by rachid.kam »
2016:
Biology [41]
2017:
Texts and Traditions [] | Physics [lool] | Chemistry [46] | Methods [looool] | English[38]
Atar: 92
Monash University: Bachelor of Biomed 2018-2020

Texts and Traditions: The path toward a 40+
100 Days until the VCE Chem Exam: STRATEGY

Arif422

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 12:54:44 am »
Hi,
Unit 3 average - 89%
Unit 4 average - 90%
Exam - <75%

Wow... I'm in that exact same situation. All the best though, don't be so hard on your self, I'm sure the A+ cut off will drop this year. Just remember, you're not alone, I thought I was so ready and calm.. but Cleary I wasn't. Ahh I ended up missing out on marks, rushing answers etc.
Hope for the best, but I'm certain a high 30 is very possible.