Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:31 pm

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 2894 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Help!
« on: December 08, 2019, 03:14:38 pm »
Guys I really need help! I have pushy parents (let’s just say Indian parents cause that will make sense) that are forcing me and have already forced my older sister to take medicine/teaching careers and she’s in her probs fourth year in. I don’t want to undergo the same pressures and sadness she has endured. And I don’t want to regret life but my parents simply don’t get it.

Help please:)
-KgkG-

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 04:41:27 pm »
+5
Guys I really need help! I have pushy parents (let’s just say Indian parents cause that will make sense) that are forcing me and have already forced my older sister to take medicine/teaching careers and she’s in her probs fourth year in. I don’t want to undergo the same pressures and sadness she has endured. And I don’t want to regret life but my parents simply don’t get it.

Help please:)
Don't do it no matter what. Always do what you enjoy. They may not understand right now BUT when they see your successes I'm sure they will. Is it worth going through your whole life hating yourself just because your parents are pressuring you to do something you don't want? Definitely not worth it.

At the end of the day it is YOUR life and even though your parents are a big part of it, it is you who must make the choice that is best for your future. They cannot force you to do something except pressure you. However I encourage you to stick to your gut and do what you love, have a good sit down with them and explain in detail to them the effects of going into something that you hate.

Another idea is to encourage your sister to speak up about this issue WITH you. This way it will help your sister and your parents will also see the effects it has had on your sister and thus come around.

All the best =)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:43:05 pm by DrDusk »