Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:51:20 am

Author Topic: Multi-Modal Assessment Task Essay  (Read 2110 times)

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
Multi-Modal Assessment Task Essay
« on: October 31, 2019, 08:28:11 pm »
Hello People,

We have just received our assessment task for the common module. The question asks us to "explore the insights into human behaviors and motivations that are conveyed in your prescribed text, (I Am Malala), and one related text of your own choice". It is a multimodal, in the form of a speech.

2 questions i am seeking advice on!

1. What does human behaviours and motivations mean?
2. What sort of related text would differentiate me from other students!

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:41:15 pm by LoneWolf »
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Multi-Modal Assessment Task Essay
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 09:01:11 pm »
+1
Hello People,

We have just received our assessment task for the common module. The question asks us to "explore the insights into human behaviors and motivations that are conveyed in your prescribed text, (I Am Malala), and one related text of your own choice". It is a multimodal, in the form of a speech.

2 questions i am seeking advice on!

1. What does human behaviours and motivations mean?
2. What sort of related text would differentiate me from other students!

Thanks in advance

Hey, LoneWolf!

Sounds like you've got yourself a funky question there for your first assessment task  :o In answer to your questions;

1. Think of human motivations as the forces that drive humans to think or feel something and human behaviours describing the actions that emerge from those motivations. In a way, you could look at it like cause and effect; human motivations are the causes of actions, and human behaviours are the effects of them.

2. When it comes to choosing an appropriate related text, find something that complements and enhances your understanding of your prescribed text thematically and conceptually. I would look at the themes you have in I am Malala and start relating them to the concepts in the Human Experiences rubric. I personally recommend using a TED Talk since there are some great ones on education, the power of endurance/resilience etc. It'll also let you analyse visual and aural techniques in conjunction with literary ones  :) What you would do from there is to search for texts that share similar representations and perspectives. Although there's none for I am Malala as of current, you can also check out this awesome compilation of related texts for Texts and Human Experiences here!

Hope that answers your questions!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music