Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:17:51 am

Author Topic: Skipping bio 1/2  (Read 639 times)  Share 

Bubblesxgrapes-_+

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Skipping bio 1/2
« on: October 30, 2020, 03:16:09 pm »
Hi, I’m skipping year ten and need opinions on my subjects. I want 6 subjects to contribute to my ATAR, but since I’m skipping year 10 I can’t do a 1/2 in it. I’m not sure my school will let me do 6 year 12 subjects. So I was thinking, what if I do bio 3/4 in year 11? My dad thinks it’s a bad idea. But even if I don’t do the best (I doubt it though, I love this stuff) it’ll be better to have something contributing to my 6th subject rather than nothing. I looked around the internet and quite a few people have said you don’t really need 1/2 bio.
-_+

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Skipping bio 1/2
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 03:53:25 pm »
+5
Hi, I’m skipping year ten and need opinions on my subjects. I want 6 subjects to contribute to my ATAR, but since I’m skipping year 10 I can’t do a 1/2 in it. I’m not sure my school will let me do 6 year 12 subjects. So I was thinking, what if I do bio 3/4 in year 11? My dad thinks it’s a bad idea. But even if I don’t do the best (I doubt it though, I love this stuff) it’ll be better to have something contributing to my 6th subject rather than nothing. I looked around the internet and quite a few people have said you don’t really need 1/2 bio.

Yeah, you don't need to do bio 1/2. There are many people who go straight to bio 3/4 and do quite well in it. There will be some general bio concepts from 1/2 that may help a bit in 3/4 but the actual content is quite different.

You are probably correct in saying it is better to have that 6th subject rather than nothing. Even if you don't do as well as you hope to you still get that bonus 10% of that study score contributing towards your ATAR.