Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:40:40 am

Author Topic: VCE Tutoring 2018: English [raw 50], Biology [raw 49], Latin  (Read 2256 times)  Share 

greatredhope

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
VCE Tutoring 2018: English [raw 50], Biology [raw 49], Latin
« on: January 18, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »
Hey guys!

My name is Allen Xiao, and last year I finished VCE with an ATAR of 99.95 and a study score of 50 in English. As such, I’m currently offering my services as a tutor for English, for either one-on-one or small group lessons (of up to 3 people).

Texts that I’m familiar with include:
The Golden Age
The Crucible
Measure for Measure
Year of Wonders
Othello
Macbeth
Romeo and Juliet
The Great Gatsby
Cloudstreet

Lesson plans:
Students are free to nominate their area of focus for lessons! I do however have an emphasis on proper essay techniques (specific to each of the three sections on the exam), based on my own experiences last year. I can also provide detailed overviews/analyses of the text’s central themes and discuss them if the need arises. Copies of my own SACs and other practice essays from last year will be made available to all students.

Locations:
For those living in the northern suburbs, I’m available at Broadmeadows Library, Gladstone Park Library and Roxburgh Park Library. Generally I will be available for meet ups at the State Library of Victoria- other locations can be requested upon inquiry.

Other subjects:
While English is my area of expertise, I’m happy to help with Biology which I completed in 2016. I will be studying Biomedicine at Melbourne this year, and as such I hope I can provide additional insight to your VCE studies. My notes have been updated to the latest study design (40+ pages), available on request if lessons commence.

I’m also available to tutor Latin, for which I received a study score of 42- among the top 15 students in the state! As with Biology, my notes on the Aeneid are available on request. PM me for more information if you’re doing Latin at any level.

Rates:
One on one: $40/hour
Group: $30/hour

You can either message me on Facebook or email me at [email protected]. I’m available 24/7 to answer any questions should the need arise.

Thanks for your time- I hope I can be of help throughout the stress and pressures of VCE  :)
2016: Biology (49), Chinese SLA (43)
2017: English (50), Latin (42), Chemistry (42), German (41), Methods (38)

ATAR: 99.95

‘The universe is change, life is what our thoughts make of it’ - Marcus Aurelius