Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:16:49 pm

Author Topic: Past HSC Question HELP PLEASE  (Read 4729 times)  Share 

Knome

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Illawarra Christian School Tongarra Campus
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Past HSC Question HELP PLEASE
« on: October 10, 2016, 10:08:49 am »
Hi guys! My engineering class (of 3 students) is doing some study and getting stuck on lots of questions so if someone can help explain some of the questions I will be posting throughout the day that would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks  :D

Knome

• Fresh Poster
  • School: Illawarra Christian School Tongarra Campus
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Past HSC Question HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 11:18:46 am »
Okay so it took me forever to figure out how to shrink the file size so that it would actually let me post the picture of the question. Here's one question please and thanks!

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:17:24 pm »
Okay so it took me forever to figure out how to shrink the file size so that it would actually let me post the picture of the question. Here's one question please and thanks!

its b) 26 right?
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

jackcrowther2016

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 05:08:47 pm »
So basically you've got to substitute that force into its horizontal and vertical components and then sum around the pivot point. Remember to have a sine convention with the moments otherwise you'll add the two.

Hope that helped :) Thats the working for it btw

The answer is A.

One way of explaining it is basically the horizontal component of the 200N is trying to spin the pedal anti-clockwise around the pivot, whereas the vertical component is trying to spin it clockwise around the pivot.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:15:32 pm by jackcrowther2016 »

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:45:14 pm »
So basically you've got to substitute that force into its horizontal and vertical components and then sum around the pivot point. Remember to have a sine convention with the moments otherwise you'll add the two.

Hope that helped :) Thats the working for it btw

The answer is A.

One way of explaining it is basically the horizontal component of the 200N is trying to spin the pedal anti-clockwise around the pivot, whereas the vertical component is trying to spin it clockwise around the pivot.

Your absolutly right ahah, i just guessed :p
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME