Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:13:03 am

Author Topic: Writing after time is up  (Read 946 times)  Share 

Paulo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Writing after time is up
« on: November 07, 2019, 09:32:24 pm »
When the exam supervisor in the methods exam today collected my paper she saw me writing after time was up, she just told me to stop writing and collected my paper. They're not going to fail me for doing this are they??

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Re: Writing after time is up
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:41:17 pm »
When the exam supervisor in the methods exam today collected my paper she saw me writing after time was up, she just told me to stop writing and collected my paper. They're not going to fail me for doing this are they??

Depends how serious they deem it to be. Usually if they think it's serious they'll have you fill out a report after the exam. I knew someone who filled in a MCQ after the exam and was written up. Only got a warning in the letter from the VCAA with no effect on the study score.

2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Sai Ramishetty

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 09:41:28 pm »
I don’t think so. One guy kept on writing even after time was up, but he was set free. I guess it does not harm as u barely get a minute extra which does not make a big difference. So, don’t stress!

Massimooo123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 10:17:30 pm »
I feel like this kind of thing would happen pretty often, but I've never heard any horror stories of the consequences of writing past time. If it was a really big deal I'm sure people would talk about it more often, like teachers tend to with bringing phones into exams, running out of CAS charge, etc. You'll probably be fine.