Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:19:26 am

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 382180 times)  Share 

twinklehello

• Forum Regular
  • hi....bye.
  • Respect: +5
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1770 on: July 29, 2020, 08:26:18 pm »
Hi!!
I’m a year 9 and I’m doing my test for JMSS this week week :'( I was wondering what type of questions were on the math tests and how hard they were. Did it mostly cover the year 9 or 10 textbook? If you could remember what type of questions show up could you please tell me? Everyone is saying the test is easy and much easier than the selective school one but honestly I’m nervous coz maths isn’t my strongest subject. I got a high average on both maths test for the electives last year(still confused how).

um idk if this is late but I'm also doing the test on 2nd Aug and basically i had a tutor which helped me like improve ALOT but if you wanna know about maths i think mostly its like quick equations and like everything you learnt this year for maths, i wouldn't really dive into maths year 10 but you can skim it. If you want any practice tests just ask! also you meant maths not numerical right?
bye

Couch_Potato

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1771 on: July 29, 2020, 10:34:26 pm »
Both maths and numerical reasoning. Could I please have some practise tests? Also does anyone know how they are going to monitor us?

twinklehello

• Forum Regular
  • hi....bye.
« Reply #1772 on: July 30, 2020, 08:31:56 am »
Both maths and numerical reasoning. Could I please have some practise tests? Also does anyone know how they are going to monitor us?

okay so here is a link for everything you should like know pretty well and can answer questions for maths and numerical
https://www.jaycetutoring.com/blogs/selective-school-tutoring-victoria/tagged/jmss
Um i don't have any practice tests for JMSS but if you search up ICAAS sample test do the pager G and H that will help. Edutest and NAPLAN have free tests so feel free to look at them.
They are gonna monitor us by checking our like IP address and like through that they can see what you are doing so like don't cheat lol
bye

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1773 on: July 30, 2020, 08:57:32 am »
Is there going to be one writing component or two?

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1774 on: July 30, 2020, 09:39:53 am »
if ur talking about the year 10 exam then i believe there is two
at least that is what my email from edutest said
as for what the two essays are i have no clue. although i heard that it would be a prac report, and an essay about a scientific problem, but im not to sure. could anyone clarify that for me

twinklehello

• Forum Regular
  • hi....bye.
« Reply #1775 on: July 30, 2020, 09:46:32 am »
if ur talking about the year 10 exam then i believe there is two
at least that is what my email from edutest said
as for what the two essays are i have no clue. although i heard that it would be a prac report, and an essay about a scientific problem, but im not to sure. could anyone clarify that for me
i think there will be a science and prac so yeah, you might want to research a bit about covid as it might be a topic. also if anyone wants some essay or prac examples or wants to know how to write up a prac or anything feel free to message me
bye

Couch_Potato

• Adventurer
« Reply #1776 on: July 30, 2020, 08:03:52 pm »
Is they are monitoring our IP address  can’t people just pay or tell someone else to do the test for them?

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1777 on: July 30, 2020, 08:16:40 pm »
yeah lol idk what they can do, but to be honest its better if we have the exam now, because we will probably have to stay at the same school. doing the exam at home does increase the competition, but because people can cheat or use calculators

PDX_FearLessYT

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1778 on: July 30, 2020, 10:21:42 pm »
Heres the 2 essay formats:
Essay 1: 5 minutes reading / 25 minutes writing- It's a science prac, but for this year, you only need to write a discussion by answering the questions. Be sure to draw the diagram, although it doesn't tell you to do that. You also need to know dependent, independent and control variables as one of the questions will ask you to mention them (I got mixed up between dependent and independent).

Essay 2: 5 minutes reading / 25 minutes writing- You're given some info to write in your essay. Try including them as many given info as possible. I think you can apply your knowledge to your essay because I did that. Usually, the topic is based on biology. For example, this year we wrote about Port Phillip Bay's water quality (I don't think I did well on it. I forgot to email JMSS for my report, so I don't know). There were facts about Port Phillip Bay, water qualities of some Victorian beaches, how Port Phillip Bay's water contamination affects other rivers / lakes / beaches etc., pollutions in Port Phillip Bay, etc...

EDIT: all the information on each test can be found one page 1 of this forum, courtesy of mi-xao

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1779 on: July 31, 2020, 10:59:59 am »
Has there ever been a time, where they ask you to write a full prac report in 30 minutes or just parts of it?

Muhammad Rayaan

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #1780 on: May 28, 2021, 03:35:28 pm »
 This for people who are going to do the test in year 9 then go in year 10 right?????