Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:12 am

Author Topic: biology- heredity  (Read 1798 times)

lucyyyyy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
biology- heredity
« on: December 08, 2020, 10:11:27 pm »
Just need a simple reason to this question. it is actually a question in the atar notes biology topic test book year 12.

There is a question:
"using a table and including two named examples, outline the two ways in which different animals reproduce."

The answers give the advantages and disadvantages of internal and external fertilisation for the answer. can the answer also be divided into asexual and sexual reproduction? like the advantages and disadvantages for them?

please let me know if both of these answers would be okay! thankyou.

rirerire

• MOTM: OCT 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +13
Re: biology- heredity
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 11:54:33 pm »
+3
I guess you could talk about both asexual and sexual reproduction, as a few animals do reproduce asexually however it may be difficult to find/remember examples for this.
however, the syllabus does specifically want you to focus on internal and external fertilisation for animals, and asexual/sexual reproduction for plants.
just to be on the safe side for this question I'd say focus on what the syllabus statement explicitly wants you to (ie the answer given in the book).

lucyyyyy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: biology- heredity
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 12:03:39 am »
I guess you could talk about both asexual and sexual reproduction, as a few animals do reproduce asexually however it may be difficult to find/remember examples for this.
however, the syllabus does specifically want you to focus on internal and external fertilisation for animals, and asexual/sexual reproduction for plants.
just to be on the safe side for this question I'd say focus on what the syllabus statement explicitly wants you to (ie the answer given in the book).

thankyou so much!! i got my answer :))
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:05:17 am by lucyyyyy »