Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:10:08 pm

Author Topic: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION  (Read 378579 times)  Share 

creepycasez

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +6
Re: JMSS YEAR 10 ENTRANCE EXAM 2019 DISCUSSION
« Reply #1425 on: August 12, 2019, 09:37:12 am »
good luck for the interview!!

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #1426 on: August 12, 2019, 01:00:04 pm »
Geez I did terribly for the group interview, could hardly think of anything to say. My maths quiz was just a failure as well, I am AMAZED how you guys got the answer, it was SOOO hard!!! The one on one was the complete opposite, I was WAY too confident. I extended my hand out before a teacher could and soon regretted it. She was asking me like really hard questions(about the science issue) and I had to like think a lot before answering. Should I have not been too confident, like is  shaking a teacher's hand before they extend theirs a problem. Pls help, feeling depressed  :'( :'( :-\

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1427 on: August 12, 2019, 02:27:18 pm »
Geez I did terribly for the group interview, could hardly think of anything to say. My maths quiz was just a failure as well, I am AMAZED how you guys got the answer, it was SOOO hard!!! The one on one was the complete opposite, I was WAY too confident. I extended my hand out before a teacher could and soon regretted it. She was asking me like really hard questions(about the science issue) and I had to like think a lot before answering. Should I have not been too confident, like is  shaking a teacher's hand before they extend theirs a problem. Pls help, feeling depressed  :'( :'( :-\
[/quote

rip in the chat...

do you know how many people from your school are trying out for the exam?

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1428 on: August 12, 2019, 03:02:22 pm »
[/quote

rip in the chat...

do you know how many people from your school are trying out for the exam?

idek, like 10??? Is it a problem if I like, u know, was trying to impress the interviewers a LOT???

Dphammy:P

• Trailblazer
« Reply #1429 on: August 12, 2019, 03:54:00 pm »
idek, like 10??? Is it a problem if I like, u know, was trying to impress the interviewers a LOT???

I would rather do that than not impress them enough. The principal and I were basically having a convo, didn’t even ask me about awards/sports. I think I didn’t leave a strong mark.

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1430 on: August 12, 2019, 04:04:13 pm »
I know we are kinda competing against each other, but can anyone tell me what the maths quiz is?

^^^111^^^

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #1431 on: August 12, 2019, 05:28:01 pm »
I would rather do that than not impress them enough. The principal and I were basically having a convo, didn’t even ask me about awards/sports. I think I didn’t leave a strong mark.
I understand that but people before like said not to overdo it, and that is exactly what I did. People who are currently attending John Monash Science School, can u tell me if i failed here or like if it is not too bad?

Thanks anyway Dphammy, you made me feel a bit better :)

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #1432 on: August 12, 2019, 05:41:48 pm »
I know we are kinda competing against each other, but can anyone tell me what the maths quiz is?
math involves plus and minus, multiplication and division.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1433 on: August 12, 2019, 06:42:12 pm »
Damn, so no complicated worded problems in the maths quiz? Just some simple +-*/ ?

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #1434 on: August 12, 2019, 07:29:09 pm »
lol for my interview I mentioned a lot of my extra curricular activities and my guy just wrote it down, which I think is good.

I did have like a two second pause for when he asked me what I wonder about lol and I think he wrote "...." or something.

I exaggerated a lot of my awards and extra curriculars so hopefully that will be good and I think the most important thing is to tell them that you want to participate in all of the opportunities you receive because ultimately thats what they want from the student.

I dont know how much the group discussions matter but if it was the main criterion I probably wont be getting in lol.

I just hate all the competition from my school and I kinda wish that there was no 3% rule. Oh well hopefully I dont see a rejection letter somewhere around September lol.

Have all the interviews finished or do some people still have interviews?

Also for the quiz I screwed that up pretty bad but I dont think they really care as long as you pretty much provide them with tons of diagrams and stuff to show that you know what youre doing,

|ican|

• Adventurer
« Reply #1435 on: August 12, 2019, 07:40:25 pm »
lol for my interview I mentioned a lot of my extra curricular activities and my guy just wrote it down, which I think is good.

I did have like a two second pause for when he asked me what I wonder about lol and I think he wrote "...." or something.

I exaggerated a lot of my awards and extra curriculars so hopefully that will be good and I think the most important thing is to tell them that you want to participate in all of the opportunities you receive because ultimately thats what they want from the student.

I dont know how much the group discussions matter but if it was the main criterion I probably wont be getting in lol.

I just hate all the competition from my school and I kinda wish that there was no 3% rule. Oh well hopefully I dont see a rejection letter somewhere around September lol.

Also for the quiz I screwed that up pretty bad but I dont think they really care as long as you pretty much provide them with tons of diagrams and stuff to show that you know what youre doing,

My interview is tomorrow at 8:40am so the interviews are still going.

The thing about me is that i don't have many extracurricular activities but I have taken a leadership role since 2015 like one each year such as class captain, peer mediator, etc. I also do netball so idk if that's enough.

Im kinda nervous for the maths problem cuz maths isnt my strong point (idk how i passed the maths entrance exam)

I hope there is no one overpowering in the group activities and if there is, i hope i get the courage to tell them to give others a chance to speak.

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1436 on: August 12, 2019, 09:24:29 pm »
What's in the quiz?

iconicx

• Adventurer
« Reply #1437 on: August 12, 2019, 09:25:02 pm »
You will be fine, good luck, mine is an hour after yours at 9:54.

SynX

• Trendsetter
  • excelsior to reach for the stars
« Reply #1438 on: August 12, 2019, 10:57:22 pm »

actually, I go on a completely different path, where I don't have that a lot of electives, and I only excel at a few of them. since there are no certificates available, I have to spend some time to explain. but besides this, I did make an appeal about their curriculums fits me, I think I could read the message in the teacher's eyes: this guy fits us!
since I'm not great at advertisement, what I do is show that "I need JMSS" instead of "JMSS needs me" like most people do. you should try that if you don't have really glorious achievements.
Upward and outward, no matter the cost.

|ican|

• Adventurer
« Reply #1439 on: August 13, 2019, 06:49:56 am »
Im excited and nervous at the same time!

Two hours until my interview and I need to get going to Clayton.