Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:06:12 pm

Author Topic: How do your preferences look?  (Read 1869 times)  Share 

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
How do your preferences look?
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:17:05 pm »

If I get my way (which is most likely... I'm stubborn like that :P), I should only need to go to uni on Wed, Thurs and Fri this semester. :)

It looks like I'll be stuck going four days a week next semester though... not looking forward to that.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Re: How do your preferences look?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »

Hey... random question... has anyone's tute times looked like this before?
It strikes me as strange... =/

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:52 pm »
I already have two clashes.... godfriggindamnit

and 6 contact hours for French :( damnit I'm an arts student, I shouldn't have to go to uni
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 10:11:02 pm »

is that like how you choose tute times etc?
and does "popularity" refer to the demand for certain times?
sorry for the noob questions :P
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »

Yes and yes.

This looks more complicated than it ordinarily would though... my unit code for Jap 3 (JPL2030) actually has a parent unit code of JPL1030... also... what's particularly strange about this is that single seminars have been split into two parts. Ordinarily, this isn't that unreasonable... it's just that said two parts... well... as you can see... some of them don't have a break between them, some have an hour gap between each part, one has a 2 hour gap and one even has the parts held on different days! It's not normal...

I've put my preference in for the Wednesday sessions (activity 6), since otherwise I will have to attend an extra day of uni. I'm likely to get this preference because students don't like 9am classes.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 10:37:57 pm »

Yes and yes.

This looks more complicated than it ordinarily would though... my unit code for Jap 3 (JPL2030) actually has a parent unit code of JPL1030... also... what's particularly strange about this is that single seminars have been split into two parts. Ordinarily, this isn't that unreasonable... it's just that said two parts... well... as you can see... some of them don't have a break between them, some have an hour gap between each part, one has a 2 hour gap and one even has the parts held on different days! It's not normal...

I've put my preference in for the Wednesday sessions (activity 6), since otherwise I will have to attend an extra day of uni. I'm likely to get this preference because students don't like 9am classes.

ok, so im gonna guess that the process for a 1st year student at uom is gonna be somewhat similar yeah?
lol, i wouldnt mind having 9am classes actually, gives me the rest of the day to actually be a awake and possibly doing things :P
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 10:38:53 pm »

I already have two clashes.... godfriggindamnit

and 6 contact hours for French :( damnit I'm an arts student, I shouldn't have to go to uni

Ouch.

Lol @ the Arts student thing... but you forget... language students are the exception to said Arts student rule... *sigh*

What's clashing anywayz..? I'll bet français is clashing with some of your law units, non?

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:42 pm »

Yes and yes.

ok, so im gonna guess that the process for a 1st year student at uom is gonna be somewhat similar yeah?
lol, i wouldnt mind having 9am classes actually, gives me the rest of the day to actually be a awake and possibly doing things :P

Yeah, similar... Monash uses Allocate+ while UoM uses Alloc8... both suck.

Okay, they aren't *that* bad... but students are supposed to hate them... it's the natural order of life.

TrueLight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
i don't really like the way mine's looking =(
just sent an email to the allocate ppl hopefully so i can have a slightly better looking timetable

and i have a 5 hour prac class this yr >.<
http://www.campaignforliberty.com

Completed Bachelor of Science. Majored in Immunology and Microbiology.

“Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell, 1984.

"Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
Adolf Hitler

“The bigger the lie, the more inclined people will be to believe it”
Adolf Hitler

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 01:08:07 am »
Francais is clashing with Deutsch :(

Otherwise, looks like I'll be having a (clash-ful) 3 day week this semester! :D
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]