Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:37:15 am

Author Topic: HSC Business Studies - 29/10/19 - Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 2824 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Post all exam discussion, questions, and sample solutions for Business Studies here!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
What is everyone’s thoughts? I think a pretty decent paper overall! Both business report and essays seemed a bit too easy in my opinion, compared to last year, so there is a possibility that they’ll amp up the marking criteria.

How did everyone go?
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

dani01

• Forum Regular
I thought the test was great! the essays were good and so was the business report. i choose the question about performance objectives and operations strategy and basically choose three objectives and matching strategies integrating examples. I also though the short answer questions were nice as well :) and someone put up their teachers answers on facebook and i got 18-19 since i can't remember which one I choose for the downturn in economic question. but overall good test.

what do you think the cut-off will be? 90?
what do you think question 19 is. i basically just wrote selected the ones that were only on the critical path although the question didn't ask I kinda was just hoping it implied it. the girl online teachers selected the answer with all of the activities- d i think?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 02:39:17 pm by dani01 »

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
What is everyone’s thoughts? I think a pretty decent paper overall! Both business report and essays seemed a bit too easy in my opinion, compared to last year, so there is a possibility that they’ll amp up the marking criteria.

How did everyone go?
The exam wasn't too bad itself but I just cracked under pressure a little bit.
The essay and short answers were fine. Multiple choice was a little tricky, think I lost 1 mark.
I messed up the first half of the report pretty badly, since I didn't know the specific content under HR processes, so I sort of incorporated some HR strategy knowledge in there. I'm just worried I'll get kicked out of an A-range because of a lack of key words there. The rest of the report wasn't too bad.
Overall, definitely could've gone a lot better, but I can't do anything now.
Would be thrilled with anything above 92 to be honest  ;D
Hope everyone's HSC experience is going/went well!
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
The exam wasn't too bad itself but I just cracked under pressure a little bit.
The essay and short answers were fine. Multiple choice was a little tricky, think I lost 1 mark.
I messed up the first half of the report pretty badly, since I didn't know the specific content under HR processes, so I sort of incorporated some HR strategy knowledge in there. I'm just worried I'll get kicked out of an A-range because of a lack of key words there. The rest of the report wasn't too bad.
Overall, definitely could've gone a lot better, but I can't do anything now.
Would be thrilled with anything above 92 to be honest  ;D
Hope everyone's HSC experience is going/went well!

I am sure you would have done amazing Kris! All the best for economics and physics ;D
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
I thought the test was great! the essays were good and so was the business report. i choose the question about performance objectives and operations strategy and basically choose three objectives and matching strategies integrating examples. I also though the short answer questions were nice as well :) and someone put up their teachers answers on facebook and i got 18-19 since i can't remember which one I choose for the downturn in economic question. but overall good test.

what do you think the cut-off will be? 90?
what do you think question 19 is. i basically just wrote selected the ones that were only on the critical path although the question didn't ask I kinda was just hoping it implied it. the girl online teachers selected the answer with all of the activities- d i think?

A little bit hard to tell what the cut off will be at this stage. Still waiting to hear more feedback about the exam from teachers and students :)

KingTings

• MOTM: JULY 19
  • Forum Regular
  • "I'll do it later.."
I am sure you would have done amazing Kris! All the best for economics and physics ;D
Thanks Emily!!
I'll need it  ::)
HSC 2019
Business Studies - Economics - Physics - English Adv. - Maths Adv.

ATAR:
Aim = 92+, Actual = 97.1 ;D