Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:17:16 am

Author Topic: Discontinuing and transferring back?  (Read 918 times)  Share 

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Discontinuing and transferring back?
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:32:35 am »
has anyone previously had experience of discontinuing their course at Monash, starting a course at another uni and transferring back to a different course at Monash?
Any ideas about the likelihood of Monash accepting your new application if you previously discontinued one of their courses? 

Asking this because I couldn't transfer to the course I wanted to and I'll have to accept an offer I got from another uni and study there for one year and transfer back to Monash next year.

Also what sort of effect does this have on your academic record? as in when I graduate I would be having two academic records from  2 different unis

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:34:18 am by power4 »
Monash University

fitzapie

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • aloha
  • Respect: 0
Re: Discontinuing and transferring back?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:36:35 am »
has anyone previously had experience of discontinuing their course at Monash, starting a course at another uni and transferring back to a different course at Monash?
Any ideas about the likelihood of Monash accepting your new application if you previously discontinued one of their courses? 

Asking this because I couldn't transfer to the course I wanted to and I'll have to accept an offer I got from another uni and study there for one year and transfer back to Monash next year.

Also what sort of effect does this have on your academic record? as in when I graduate I would be having two academic records from  2 different unis

Thank you.

Regarding your academic record, I reckon it would just be a bit of a hassle sending both transcripts to employers. I don't believe it will impact you much if at all. However, I have not graduated yet so I have no real experience in this.

As for transferring back I hope I can be of some help because I am (embarrassingly) a constant transfer student. There should be no issues as long as you have all the requirements (having a decent wam etc). If you're worried the university will hold some sort of grudge against you then don't worry at all. I have a bit of an embarrassing story. I transferred from Monash to Melbourne, then Melbourne to Monash, then Melbourne to Monash. All within one year. I have been accepted by both unis each time despite constantly discontinuing their courses. I have discontinued from a total of THREE Monash courses and they don't seem to care.

Hope this helps!
VCE: English [46] Revolutions [44]

power4

• Non-Student
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Re: Discontinuing and transferring back?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:27:36 am »
omg thanks so much! that was helpful. hope its all going well now.
Monash University