Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:03:08 pm

Author Topic: Share Your HSC Results and ATAR Here!  (Read 13572 times)

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
Re: Share Your HSC Results and ATAR Here!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 09:42:07 am »
Already shared this in another thread but I'll put my results officially here  ;D

Advanced English- 94/100
Extension 1 English- 48/50
Extension 2 English- 46/50
Modern History- 89/100
Music 2- 83/100
Society and Culture- 93/100
Visual Arts- 93/100

I'm very pleased with how I went  ;D I exceeded my own expectations by far! It definitely makes all the stress and anxiety over this year well worth it. I hope everyone is happy with their results and good luck for the ATAR tomorrow  8)

I AM VERY SURPRISED WITH MY 97.50. I'm very satisfied with how I went  ;D I received an email from the Conservatorium guaranteeing entry into Music Education as long as I keep it as my top preference  8) I'm feeling over the moon! Congratulations to everyone else's results and well done  ;D Hope you all get into your desired courses  :)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 10:15:39 am »
English: 87
Business Studies: 94
Legal Studies: 91
General Maths: 95
Biology: 90
Ahh throughout HSC my aim was to scrape a low 80’s. Somehow my ATAR is 96.20 so I’m probably going to change my UAC preferences now.
Really happy!!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:29:14 pm by Razeen25 »
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 10:22:48 am »
Ahh throughout HSC my aim was to scrape a low 80’s. Somehow my ATAR is 96.20 so I’m probably going to change my UAC preferences now smh.
Really happy!!  ;D
Woah you must have been shocked haha Congrats!!
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 10:25:30 am »
Huuuuuge congrats guys!! I’m so proud of you all and am so happy I got to follow your HSC journeys ❤️❤️ All the hard work has definitely paid off and I can’t wait to hear about your uni offers next week!

Edit: I feel like a really proud mum lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:28:01 am by fantasticbeasts3 »
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

KT Nyunt

• MOTM: MAY 18
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 11:31:15 am »
I haven't been on the ATAR notes boards for a while but I thought I'd share this:

Around this time last year I had an interview with a teacher about what subjects I'll be doing for HSC and what my ATAR goal should be. At the time I wasn't performing amazingly in my prelim subjects as I pretty much flopped the yearlies. But I believed my marks weren't reflective of what I could achieve and I thought if I worked hard enough I could achieve a 97+ ATAR by the end of year 12. I pretty much left this interview sobbing and and felt completely defeated before I even started year 12 because this teacher said bluntly that I wouldn't be able to achieve that ATAR no matter how hard I tried and even said that I wouldn't be able to get into the course I wanted. In spite of her, I still aimed for that 97, almost to prove her wrong.

As the year went on, I found the stress really getting to me and I was getting sick frequently around exam times, purely because I was so stressed. I wasn't performing my best in exams and I found myself lowering my expectations to an ATAR below 90. Eventually, I decided to try and take care of myself more and was healthier at exam times and I ended up going from ranking 41st in an English exam to ranking 1st in the next exam. I credit ATAR notes in being a major factor in helping me achieve so well in science this year as answering/asking questions on the forums consolidated a lot of my understanding. In my prelim exam in chemistry I barely passed with a 52%. Yesterday I found out I came first in my school for the HSC chemistry exam.

Even so, a million more doubts came along. When HSC results came out yesterday I received one band 6 and my HSC mark for THREE other courses was an 89 [This was still a great mark but oooof it hurt being so close]. I was worried it would stop me from obtaining an ATAR of 95+ (which at the time became my new goal).

This morning, I received an ATAR of 97.40 ... no lie I was about to hyperventilate.

So yeah moral of the story: Take care of yourself and HA! to that teacher last year (btw I think this teacher left my school after only being there for 6 months - don't know why but I have my suspicions lol)

I'm so proud and happy to say that I got my goal. Thank you to the ATAR notes community for your supportive attitude and for all the help I've received from this platform. I hope everyone is also pleased with what they achieved this year and CONGRATULATIONS ITS FINALLY OVER!!!!  ;D

KT
HSC 2018:
Biology | Chemistry | English Advanced | Math Ext. 1 | Math Ext. 2

Atar: 97.40
Chem - acidic environment
And more...

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 11:36:36 am »
Woah you must have been shocked haha Congrats!!
I truly was! Thank you!!  :)

I haven't been on the ATAR notes boards for a while but I thought I'd share this:

Around this time last year I had an interview with a teacher about what subjects I'll be doing for HSC and what my ATAR goal should be. At the time I wasn't performing amazingly in my prelim subjects as I pretty much flopped the yearlies. But I believed my marks weren't reflective of what I could achieve and I thought if I worked hard enough I could achieve a 97+ ATAR by the end of year 12. I pretty much left this interview sobbing and and felt completely defeated before I even started year 12 because this teacher said bluntly that I wouldn't be able to achieve that ATAR no matter how hard I tried and even said that I wouldn't be able to get into the course I wanted. In spite of her, I still aimed for that 97, almost to prove her wrong.

As the year went on, I found the stress really getting to me and I was getting sick frequently around exam times, purely because I was so stressed. I wasn't performing my best in exams and I found myself lowering my expectations to an ATAR below 90. Eventually, I decided to try and take care of myself more and was healthier at exam times and I ended up going from ranking 41st in an English exam to ranking 1st in the next exam. I credit ATAR notes in being a major factor in helping me achieve so well in science this year as answering/asking questions on the forums consolidated a lot of my understanding. In my prelim exam in chemistry I barely passed with a 52%. Yesterday I found out I came first in my school for the HSC chemistry exam.

Even so, a million more doubts came along. When HSC results came out yesterday I received one band 6 and my HSC mark for THREE other courses was an 89 [This was still a great mark but oooof it hurt being so close]. I was worried it would stop me from obtaining an ATAR of 95+ (which at the time became my new goal).

This morning, I received an ATAR of 97.40 ... no lie I was about to hyperventilate.

So yeah moral of the story: Take care of yourself and HA! to that teacher last year (btw I think this teacher left my school after only being there for 6 months - don't know why but I have my suspicions lol)

I'm so proud and happy to say that I got my goal. Thank you to the ATAR notes community for your supportive attitude and for all the help I've received from this platform. I hope everyone is also pleased with what they achieved this year and CONGRATULATIONS ITS FINALLY OVER!!!!  ;D

KT

I LOVE THIS. CONGRATS!
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

ronkatonka

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 11:41:57 am »
I am BEYOND happy and went further than I thought I'd be able to.

English Advanced: 92
English Extension 1: 47
Mathematics: 88
Ancient History: 92
Modern History: 94
History Extension: 42
Food Technology: 94
---
ATAR: 97

The biggest surprise was Food Tech, which I was trying to drop all year, and History Ext, which was the only subject I was disappointed about since I ranked 1st internally.

The ATAR was my exact goal from pretty much the start of 2018, which made me really pleased when I opened it up. Now just to hope for a UNSW offer for Law and I will be the happiest ex-HSC student alive!
LAT 2017– 91 / 92nd percentile
LAT 2018– 98 / 98th percentile

HSC 2018:
English Advanced– 92
English Extension 1– 47
Mathematics– 88
Ancient History– 92
Modern History– 94
History Extension– 42
Food Technology– 94

ATAR– 97.00

varun.amin

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:03 am »
A huge shoutout to the ATAR notes team and everyone who helped out throughout the year! Your study guides, articles and lectures were super helpful throughout the year  :)

These were my results:
Chemistry: 89
Economics: 90
Mathematics: 92
English Advanced: 89
English Extension One: 45
Mathematics Extension One: 43 (thought I completely bombed the exam)

I ended up getting an atar of 96.45 which was just above
Class of 2018:
English Advanced (89) | English Extension One (90) | 2U Maths (92) | Maths Extension One (86)  | Chemistry (89) | Economics (90)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 12:21:38 pm »
I got 99.10 OMG!!

Also got guaranteed entry for Commerce at UNSW and fingers crossed for an offer at Law at UNSW next week!

I was also invited into the Dalyell Scholars Program at Sydney University so I am over the moon happy!!

Update: Just got a UNSW AAA scholarship!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:09:46 pm by emilyygeorgexx »
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

ronkatonka

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2018, 12:38:42 pm »
I got 99.10 OMG!!

Also got guaranteed entry for Commerce at UNSW and fingers crossed for an offer at Law at UNSW next week!

I was also invited into the Dalyell Scholars Program at Sydney University so I am over the moon happy!!

Let me know how you go with UNSW law!! I want to do Law/International Studies there.
LAT 2017– 91 / 92nd percentile
LAT 2018– 98 / 98th percentile

HSC 2018:
English Advanced– 92
English Extension 1– 47
Mathematics– 88
Ancient History– 92
Modern History– 94
History Extension– 42
Food Technology– 94

ATAR– 97.00

jessica mo

• Trailblazer
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2018, 12:41:57 pm »
Standard english - 80
Visual arts - 82
Geography - 76
Agriculture - 78
Biology -76
General maths 2 - 74

Atar - 66.95

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2018, 01:54:31 pm »

KT

This was amazing. Congratulations on your FANTASTIC results. Your are a clear example of what one can achieve if effort is put in. You pushed past difficulties and your own feelings to absolutely smash this year.
You are an inspiration to all of us :)
Keep it up and enjoy your well deserved holidays!
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2018, 02:03:12 pm »
Congratulations to everyone on their fantastic results! No matter what your ATAR is, you should be so proud of what you have accomplished! You've survived a stressful and demanding year, and you deserve this long break! Look forward to your next big challenge, whether it's university, gap year or apprenticeship! You've got this!! ❤️❤️

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
Share Your HSC Results and ATAR Here!
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2018, 02:09:13 pm »
English Advanced - 96/100
Maths - 87/100
Legal - 94/100
Economics - 89/100
Industrial Tech - 94/100

ATAR - 96.35

Just narrowly missed my goal of 97, but definitely was a pleasant surprise considering the extent to which I let myself go after trials (where I relegated my goal to a more realistic 90 lmao). Still in shock at how I managed to attain an external mark of 97 for English Advanced with my 2 body paragraph Mod B essay lmao. The fact that I’ll be able to make the high achiever’s assembly is absolutely incredible - it has been a massive dream of mine since year 7 and always seemed impossible, so for that to come to fruition seems surreal. Got guaranteed entry for Commerce at UNSW and an offer for Law at Macquarie, which is amazing. Congrats to everyone else, we all smashed it out of the park! x
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:11:06 pm by Lumenoria »
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

horse9996

• Trendsetter
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2018, 02:59:45 pm »
98.2!!!

Got invited to the Dalyell program, so now I gotta figure out a uni... any tips/recommendations? USYD or UNSW for sci/engi?
HSC 2018
Advanced English (88) | Maths Ext 1(47) | Chemistry (88) | Earth & Environmental Science (94 - 5th in state) | Geography (89)

ATAR 98.2