Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 09:13:21 pm

Author Topic: Final countdown to ATAR and results  (Read 2127 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
Final countdown to ATAR and results
« on: December 08, 2018, 01:12:43 pm »
With less than a week until results are released, how are you all feeling?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
Re: Final countdown to ATAR and results
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:51:12 am »
I have like an anxious-excitement feeling. At this point I don’t even care THAT much if my results are disappointing. I’m just excited to finally have those marks and ATAR ‘number’ that finalise high school and are representative of all the stress and hard work that took place over the past year. :)

(also lowkey really excited to see what my friends got, if they’re comfortable/willing to share it with me ofc).
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:52:53 am »
Tbh I have a scholarship interview the same day that HSC results come out, so I am more nervous for that than my results. I am confident I will get the results I need for my first preference (I need an atar of 75-80), so the results won't really affect my future at all, but this scholarship would have a huge impact.

I felt pretty good for most of my exams, so interested to see how I did. Also very interested to find out my english mark, because that is the subject I find hardest to predict, I have absolutely no idea. I never thought it at the start of the year but I'm wondering if a band 6 is within reach, guess I'll see on Thursday!
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 11:16:03 am »
I think I’ve reached a state of numbness towards the idea of getting my results back because my greater concern at this stage is knowing whether I’ll be offered a place at my first preference. Sucks that we have to wait even longer for them  :'( Even if my results aren’t fantastic, as long as I get into my desired course, I’ll be alright with them  ;D It’ll be interesting to see how I did externally because I didn’t feel too great about those exams.  Wishing you all the best of luck  8)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 11:22:24 am »
To be honest, I've kinda forgotten about my results/ATAR. My mind has been preoccupied by other things (frying my brain from video games/Internet) that I lost track of time. I guess part of me is still a bit nervous about my results but at the same time, I've grown kinda numb towards it (kinda like what angewina_naguen said).
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 06:16:54 pm »
My opinion seems to be a bit different then everyone else’s but if I am being honest, I literally feel so sick and anxious every time I think about it lol
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

FutureLawStudent

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 10:14:21 pm »
I got rejected from my dream uni (overseas), which I cared about a lot more my than my ATAR. So at this point, a nice ATAR would be good, but past that, it really doesn't matter. I've already started torturing myself again by deciding to take the ACT.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 12:17:13 am »
I got rejected from my dream uni (overseas), which I cared about a lot more my than my ATAR. So at this point, a nice ATAR would be good, but past that, it really doesn't matter. I've already started torturing myself again by deciding to take the ACT.

So sorry to hear that  :'( I hope your HSC results and ATAR will be in your favour. I’m sure there’s other ways to get to where you want to be so just treat yourself and priorities your wellbeing in a time like this  :)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music