Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 10:04:45 pm

Author Topic: [HSC] Predict Your Subject Scores/ATAR, Compare on December 13/14!  (Read 8981 times)

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
Re: [HSC] Predict Your Subject Scores/ATAR, Compare on December 13/14!
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 08:15:54 am »
Omg awesome guys! Special metion to angewina_naguen and razeen25, you guys smashed your expectations!

I was thrilled I got a band 6 for english! Apart from that I was pretty happy with my marks, some I was hoping for higher but still good! Slightly frustrating I was 1 mark off an all rounder ahaha but Can't complain at all! (I didn't do a prediction either because I honestly had no idea, and I didn't want to get my hopes up).

English advanced - 91 ( ;D ;D)
Extension 1 maths - 42
Chemistry - 89
Earth and environmental - 91 (slightly disappointed, thought I could get higher)
Geography - 90
Mathematics (2017) - 93
I know music (2017) won't count towards my atar.

Apparently my predicted atar is 96.8, which is amazing!!! Was not expecting that high!

Edit: just realised there is a separate thread for sharing results, whoops
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 08:36:40 am »
Congrats to everyone!! Really fantastic marks!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 08:45:07 am »
Predicted:
"Advanced english: 72
General Maths: 52(i suck at maths)
Society and Culture: 82
Business Studies: 83
Modern History: 83"

Actual:
Advanced english: 82
General Maths: 72
Society and Culture: 82
Business Studies: 87
Modern History: 82

I somehow managed to fluke my way to doing wayyyyy better in english and maths than i thought i would. I thought i'd suck at them. Somehow i managed to pull that out of the hat which i am so happy about!

All in all, i am very happy with these results!!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

kauac

• Forum Leader
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2018, 06:55:51 pm »
English Adv: 83
Mathematics: 81
Biology: 92
Food Technology: 91
Chemistry: hmmm, I wonder.  ;)
PDHPE: hmmm, I wonder.  ;)

ATAR Prediction: 94

Hope I haven't guessed too high. For maths, I honestly have no idea how I will go, just hoping I will scrape a band 5.

Konnichiwa! I was really hesitant to look at my results but my sister finally convinced me to look at them over lunch. I am very content with all!

Actual:

English: 88 (wow, didn't expect to get this high!!)
Maths: 82 (so relieved, maths had me worried after the exam)
Biology: 90 (interesting, thought I would have gotten a bit higher but still happy with a band 6)
Food Tech: 94 (a real gem, my raw mark must have been smick to get this mark!)

And to complete the set, 2017 results:
Chemistry: 88
PDHPE: 93

Calculators are putting me around 95-96. Tomorrow shall be interesting, seeing as my atar will use data from 2017 as well.  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:20:48 pm by kauac »
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 09:35:46 pm »
English Advanced: 85
Eng. Ext. 1: 45/50
Eng. Ext. 2: 17/20
Mathematics: 80
Legal Studies: 90
Modern History: 85
Ext. History: 30/50

ATAR prediction: 83?....(did I average it wrong? I thought I would get above 90 with scaling...I don't know how to math, sorry, someone plz help me!!!)

I'm actually so unconfident in maths and ext. history though.....I know I'll get a Band 5 in history but hoping to scrape up a band 5 in maths!  :( :'(
Also didn't want to sound cocky but hoping Ext. 2 English is actually a Band 6...  ;D

Fingers crossed!

So.….this was a few days ago.

And today?

I got over my modest estimations of ATAR.

My real marks were not as high though...

Eng Adv: 84
Math (2U): 84
Eng. Ext. 1: 44/50
Eng. Ext. 2: 46/50
Mod. His: 85
His. Ext: 45/50
Legal: 87

ATAR: 89.55

Slightly bummed at first cause my goal was 90+...That was what I had been striving for the whole year.

But now putting it behind me and deciding to just accept my early offer from August, which means I'm doing Law + Global Studies *double degree* at ACU. I will travwel a LOT between North Sydney and Strathfield....back and forth. YAaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

;D
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 10:58:21 pm »

Slightly bummed at first cause my goal was 90+...That was what I had been striving for the whole year.

But now putting it behind me and deciding to just accept my early offer from August, which means I'm doing Law + Global Studies *double degree* at ACU. I will travwel a LOT between North Sydney and Strathfield....back and forth. YAaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

;D

Hello! Coming from someone who got a very similar ATAR to you (I got 89.50), I completely understand being bummed at first. Getting 90+ was not exactly the end goal for me but I know it would've been nice. The ATAR calculators said that I could get 90+ though 89.50 appeared in my UAC app and I was disappointed. Then I realised- hey 89.50 is still pretty decent! I survived my ups and downs during my HSC, all the dramas and whatnot. So even surviving the HSC and getting my ATAR was an achievement in itself. Also very similar to you as well- I had already gotten accepted an offer (my first preference in fact!) weeks before ATARs came out so like ?? It didn't even matter. What mattered that I tried my best during my HSC and that I got my first preference.

Hope your double degree goes by amazingly ;D Congrats on your superb marks and ATARs as well !!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

LochNess Monster

• Forum Regular
  • I speak Chinglish!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2019, 09:13:21 pm »
Hello! Coming from someone who got a very similar ATAR to you (I got 89.50), I completely understand being bummed at first. Getting 90+ was not exactly the end goal for me but I know it would've been nice. The ATAR calculators said that I could get 90+ though 89.50 appeared in my UAC app and I was disappointed. Then I realised- hey 89.50 is still pretty decent! I survived my ups and downs during my HSC, all the dramas and whatnot. So even surviving the HSC and getting my ATAR was an achievement in itself. Also very similar to you as well- I had already gotten accepted an offer (my first preference in fact!) weeks before ATARs came out so like ?? It didn't even matter. What mattered that I tried my best during my HSC and that I got my first preference.

Hope your double degree goes by amazingly ;D Congrats on your superb marks and ATARs as well !!

That's awesome! It makes me really happy to hear similar stories to my own, and talk to other people in the same boat and going through the same stuff.

I see you like film-making and are probably really passionate about it. It's like how I feel when I'm writing. Can't wait to see your films on the big screen, Beatroot  ;)
⸜( ˙ ˘ ˙)/ ・゚☆✧ Sometimes wrong numbers are the right numbers ~ Cecelia Ahern

☽ “But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” - Yeats