Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:31:34 am

Author Topic: Legal Studies HSC Family Law Essay  (Read 2887 times)

chantalmilanl

• Fresh Poster
Legal Studies HSC Family Law Essay
« on: October 27, 2020, 04:00:26 pm »
As you may already know the legal studies exam had just happened today.
I am sitting at a band 6 level considering trials and my previous marks so I went into the exam prepared and ready to do well

The Family Law Question I chose was along the lines of whether compliance has been effective in the legal system in accordance with family law

I did my first two paragraphs on how compliance is really effective in regards to same-sex relationships. My first paragraph was around the growing recognition and how they have been recognised which displays that the legal system is compliant with societal standards. My second paragraph was surrounding adoption and how the law has been proactive whilst allowing same-sex couples to adopt children which have been met with relative compliance following the high rate of same-sex adoptions and parentage in the last few years.
This is what I am stressing about! It does not directly relate to individuals acting in compliance or non-compliance with the law, simply that the law has reformed and has been compliant to changing societal standards. I'm really scared the HSC markers will think I prepared an essay for the day (which I didn't) I simply answered it very poorly! (BTW the question did not specify an exact part of the syllabus it used "family law" so I automatically thought great I can use same-sex)

My second last paragraph was about divorce and how the laws have differed in regards to de-facto and married relationships, also, surrounding parenting plans
My final paragraph the care and protection of children has seen non-compliance in regards to the ineffective amendments to the Family Law Act 1975 and how children were subject to violent scenarios showing non-compliance.

My essay was filled with LCMS so I know the information is good but I’m just worried I didn’t answer the question!

Could someone please let me know if this sounds okay?!

(I think I went in so confident about same-sex reforms as well as the vague use of the word "family law" as opposed to "breakdown of relationships" or "parties in family relationships" I completely ruined my chances of a band 6)

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
Re: Legal Studies HSC Family Law Essay
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 11:05:45 pm »
I don’t think you ruined your chances of a band 6, compliance is a pretty broad question and family law is vague. As long as you backed it up with all your evidence and linked to back to the statement you’ll be fine I’m sure. I talked about changing parental responsibility and domestic violence for compliance.