Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:10:34 am

Author Topic: Can I transfer from a double degree to a single degree  (Read 627 times)  Share 

Theo1290

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Can I transfer from a double degree to a single degree
« on: December 13, 2019, 11:43:22 pm »
Basically the title, I'm considering doing the Bachelor of Science/Engineering double degree at Swinburne, but at the same time I'm also looking at maybe just doing the single degree for Computer Science because I'm unsure how much I'll enjoy the double degree, especially the engineering side which I've heard is pretty difficult and worried will subtract certain things from Computer Science if I were to do it as a single degree.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Can I transfer from a double degree to a single degree
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 12:06:57 am »
+1
Yeah you can. The potential issue will be with getting credit transfer vs having to effectively restart your degree (whether you get credit transfer will depend on whether the units completed as part of your initial degrees can also be completed as part of your new degree).
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
Re: Can I transfer from a double degree to a single degree
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 12:15:17 am »
+2
Basically the title, I'm considering doing the Bachelor of Science/Engineering double degree at Swinburne, but at the same time I'm also looking at maybe just doing the single degree for Computer Science because I'm unsure how much I'll enjoy the double degree, especially the engineering side which I've heard is pretty difficult and worried will subtract certain things from Computer Science if I were to do it as a single degree.
With CS, the first year courses you take are usually taken as part of your Engineering degree as well. So most likely a few of the courses will give you credit transfer.