Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:11:35 am

Author Topic: bio communication  (Read 812 times)  Share 

sickb

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
bio communication
« on: October 23, 2018, 01:32:25 pm »
Hi right now i am trying to work on biology for the exam tomorrow but i can't do anything for the dotpoints that are past 4 i have tried to write notes for them but i can't do anything at all. could anyone provide me with some advice or help it would be greatly appreciated

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: bio communication
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 02:42:46 pm »
Hi right now i am trying to work on biology for the exam tomorrow but i can't do anything for the dotpoints that are past 4 i have tried to write notes for them but i can't do anything at all. could anyone provide me with some advice or help it would be greatly appreciated

So it's the ear/ nerves sections you are having trouble with? Understandable - they each can be pretty complicated.

What is definitely important for these areas is getting a basic understanding of how each work: how sound is detected through the ear, how an action potential is generated. Familiarize yourself with the anatomy and terminology of both the ear and neurones. I find drawing diagrams are really helpful for this, if you are a visually-inclined learner. Revising these areas will ensure you have covered a big chunk out of what they ask.

At this stage, focus on the learn to dotpoints, rather than the secondary sources and investigations (as you can easily find other people's notes for these rather than doing all this last minute research).Consolidate what you don't know/understand with other peoples' notes, and prioritise revising the specific dot points you find the most challenging. Check out the Comm. Notes Section for some great notes! Good luck for tomorrow.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD